Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful morning, crisp and sunny. Wow, there seems to be a lot of success on the boards yesterday.

Beetleluv and Suzanna Day 2
    Charlie, welcome and well done on Day 3
    Teardrop Day 4
    Everygreen Day 5

I was Day 8, any 6 or 7rs out there? I went back on my drink tracker the other day and counted up my AF days since January and it was something like 84 up to beginning of November. This is from somebody who drank every day for about 12 years so there is hope. None of us got to the stage we were at before joining MWO overnight so it will take time but WE WILL GET THERE.

Have a great AF Wednesday

Rustop

day 4

Hey, I feel left out!:boohoo: I have 4 days today and intend on staying AF no matter what!!

Thanks for the encouragement, WE WILL DO THIS, even though some of us(me?) may not get 30 or more in a row, if I stay AF more than I drink that is a MIRACLE!! From what I used to be like, this is a night to day change, thanks to everyone on these boards:thanks:

I am feeling pretty grateful today, I slept ok, feeling physically better than I have for a long time, all the more reason to keep on keepin on this program...........

Thanks for opening Rustop,(even though you left me out, boo hoo!, just joking, I wouldn't remember 1/2 of who you did and their day count!!) Good luck to all who follow, and have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!

Much love:h and big hugs!!:l

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary Anne

So sorry, :l missed your count yesterday. Well done. Every day we stay AF is such an achievement. I started out in September putting so much pressure on myself, I wanted to achieve the 30 Days and then 60 and then 90 and I thought it should work exactly like that but it didnt and I really felt disappointed. Its good to have goals but I have come to realize that I taking it ODAT puts less pressure on me.

Rustop

Comment

Day 4
        Good Morning all:
        Had a good day yesterday, had fun playing Maxman's 5 word story game...Thank you Max. I have had such a sense of calm these past couple of days and am trying to figure out why. My initial thought is the relief I have of the weight that has been lifted as far as effort it took to hide my addiction. The planning (which store today), the hiding (will it be found here), the clock watching (is it to early to start), waking in the morning taking all the extra time to be presentable, drinking enough water before work to keep the trembles in control.......geeeeezzzz...I could go on..Hubby actually looked at me this a.m. smiled and withouth speaking a word gave me a thumbs up..
        Off to work, feeling good, knowing the choices I make are mine, however...I choose not to drink today!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

It sounds like we are all in good spirits on this new lovely day! Mornings are all the better without remnants of alcohol from the day before.

Today I hit day 10!! I had an uproductive & frustrating day yesterday. Spent the entire day trying to fix a computer and the issues are still not resolved. Anyhow, I was fatigued at the end of the day and the thoughts of wine were dancing in my head. I used the strategy I learned from the boards about thinking through the first drink. I pictured glass #1, then #2..... then pictured me feeling really badly today because I broke my streak and I am hungover. I am so thankful to all of you and your wonderful input.

Rustop and Cowgal keep up the good work. Charlee, I know exactly what you mean by the sence of calm. Drinking really is such hard mental work. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and thought "thank goodness" I don't have to go through the liquor department and worry if someone will spot me.

Have a great sober day!

tc

Comment

Hi guys.. just poppin' in to say hi!!

I'm on day 7!

I just reminded myself that if I have a snack and a bottle of water in my purse for the drive home it gives me nourishment and puts a big stop to my cravings.. Big note to self, I used to know this - so off I go to the pantry to stock up on some protein bars and bottles of water.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Autumn is in full bloom here in the Northwest, USA - couldn't be more amazing.

See you around..

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Well done to everyone for being AF even if it is day for anyone..
              doggy girl the answer to your question...my dog is a king charles cavelier. When i take her dog training everyone puts there ear plugs in. She sometime love the sound of her own bark, she barking mad.( a bit like her owner)
              Day 5 AF for me, I'm getting there slowly, my eye lids are feeling very heavy and feeling very tired. I feel like I'm getting itch feet, but will not drink. i need to hang this out as long as i can to the bitter end.
              best of luck everyone for today.
              Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

Hi everyone-
                I'm on day 2, again. Mary Anne-I'm with you. I have no idea if I'll ever get 30 days in a row. I'm lucky right now to get 5. But, like you said. For the first time I have more AF days than not.

Busy day today. Going to the gym, then I'm going to check out this new dance studio for the wee one. This afternoon, the wee weeone has his 4 mo shots:boohoo: And I've got to put some dinner in the crock pot at some time today.

Good job to those who have got some days AF. For the rest of us, lets just keep trying!

Olivia

Comment

:clapclap:
                  Good morning everyone, :goodjob: on AF days and taking it ODAT. I'm on day 3 and feeling much better than yesterday. being AF is always a success no matter the amount of days, we just need to keep our eye on the goal be it abstinence or moderation
                  :huggy
                  "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

great

Teardrop you are doing great! Yeah Shelbie, I wonder if I can make it today, having stressful day at job, ditto of yesterday...............at least I am not drinking while here on the job!

I agree, whatever we choose to do, mod or abs, we can all stick together and do this together ODAT, actually I think I WON'T drink today, just today, maybe I will tomorrow, but NOT today!

Thanks all for letting me do a little self-motivation here,:thanks: I love you guys!!!:h :h

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Am aiming for AF today. I'm safe because I'm at work and then have plans to spend the late afternoon with my sister-in-law. Will be with my non-drinking parents tonight, SO there is no reason / temptation to not drink. Anyway, it is just minute to minute or hour to hour for me right now, and so far so good.

Sante

Comment

Working...
                      X