New Member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member.

Hi, my username is Ripple. :new: I have recently left rehab for booze. Found this site and hope to get some insight into sobriety. :thanks:

New Member.

Hi Ripple-

:welcome: and glad you found this site. Whatever your story is, there are sure to be many here who can relate to it. Keep reading and writing and let us know how you're doing and if we can help.
    Good luck!
    Wonder

Comment

New Member.

I'm new here too buddy, I think this time is gonna be different, lets do it!!!

Comment

New Member.

Hi Ripple, I've only been here a little over a month. I had try to go alcohol free in October and only made 4 days so now I'm trying again in November and so far I'm 8 for 8. I think you will find a lot of support, encouragement, wisdom, advice, on this site so keep coming back and posting. Lots of luck.

Cuckoo

Comment

New Member.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! Look around. Check out the boards and maybe visit chat. There are members al over the world, so you find people chatting and posting at all hours.:welcome:

Comment

New Member.

Today makes 30 days and i am a bit anxious. I have to be good since there is a protective order that i cannot go home. My next court date is 12/6, i voluntarily admitted myself as i had no place to go. Thanks for the support, anyone out there anxious tonite! 26 years of use, it IS time for change.

Comment

New Member.

Thank you everyone for the welcoming. :wavin:

Comment

New Member.

Do you mean 30 days without alcohol? That's awesome - no matter how you achieved it. If you get really twitchy - you can always post on the 'need help ASAP' forum - a great place to get support right away. Are you in a safe place?
                wonder

Comment

New Member.

Ripple, 30 days AF is great. Are you still in the facility where you voluntarily admitted yourself? If so how much longer do you have there? Wonderworld is right the need help ASAP is a great place to post or start a new thread. Please take care.

Cuckoo

Comment

New Member.

Yup, 30 days out of the hole. I am in a safe place although the man gets baked nightly away from here. I'll check out the help section. I get anxious towards the week-end when drinking is common. Hubby is out having cocktails and i am here not having any fun at all. Life sucks today. I am staying at my cousins house, he smokes weed.

Comment

New Member.

Ripple;221801 wrote: I get anxious towards the week-end when drinking is common.
                      Join the club! The weekend is coming, so it's really good you found this site. Stay close!

Comment

New Member.

wonderworld, thanks for the support. i'm having a tough nite. Notice you joined recently, does this forum help you?

Comment

New Member.

Hey Ripple-

Yeah - i joined here in October. Had been on a long stretch of AF, and then fell back into the bottle for a few weeks sept/oct and things started going downhill pretty quick. Found this site and it has gotten me back on track, thank God. It's helping me AND I enjoy it. Nice.

As you see - there are forums broken down into different categories. Since I'm AF-ing it right now the abstinence forums work for me alcohol-wise. I do my daily check in's on "The Inn" thread in the monthly abstinence forum. Kind of a virtual home away from home designed to help anyone trying to achieve 30 days AF. I just kind of clicked with that group, or landed there first. Check it out! And/Or....check in! There are lots of other threads where people are working on 30 days AF. The newbies in ODAT (One Day At A Time) thread is way cool for starting out too. There's just so much! Just read and post and jump in anywhere and everywhere. Every forum and every thread is open to everyone. People here are all really friendly and interested in one another and people who are moderating or AF'ing or figuring it, out all have plenty to share and learn from each other.

And....as I'm sure you've seen there are lots of fun threads flying around that have little or nothing to do with alcohol - they're just fun.

Happy exploring! And again....glad you found us!
                          Wonderxx

Comment

New Member.

Thank you wonderworld for filling me in. I'm doing okay tonite so far....its been 30 days AF! I'll check the Inn out. You are a very nice person and I appreciate your information about the forums here. It is a nice place and I hope to meet more people. :new:

Comment

New Member.

Hi Ripple and welcome. You should be very proud of yourself. Hope this Friday night is easy on you.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                              X