Jumping on the AF train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping on the AF train

Hi everyone. I have been reading about all the AF successes in November (Congrats to you all) and I'm going to try and come to the party late! I'm going to try to be AF at least today. I will be busy running kids around but that means I have to pass many beer stores. If I keep a child in my car at all times I will not have the opportunity to run in for beer. I'm a little nervous as I am seeing a friend today who I believe is aware of my drinking but has not said anything. I want people to know I am trying to change but not ready to admit what I have done in the past. We'll see how it goes! I have had great support from this board in just my first week. Thanks to all of you.

Jumping on the AF train

GO bookmom!! You can do it. Make sure you eat regularly today and drink lots of water. As far as your friend - take it slow. No need to make any big revelations. You have us to talk to for now. Your friend and everyone else will see the changes in you over time. You will know if and when you want to talk about it in the future and to whom- but always better to come from a place of strength and clarity, rather than guilt and shame. Getting through the day AF is priority #1 - the rest will take care of itself.
    Let us know how things are going-
    Wonder xx

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

That's great, Bookmom! Just today.. We'll work on tomorrow, tomorrow. It's really not too necassary to tell people you are changing, maybe that you are not drinking today. But the changing thing tends to put people off and put too much pressure on you. Just tell people you are not drinking today and then the pressure to drink is off. That is the first step.. and stay close here!

namaste,

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

Way to go Bookmom. You are not late just fashionable. Hang in there. I agree, no major revelations necessary. Actions speak louder than words. (Why to we always think we have to defend ourselves not drinking? I ask because I do this too!!!) Get your head on. Avoid your triggers - the kid in the car idea is great. Get a few days AF behind you ( the 4 to 5 day hump seems to be worse for many) and then if you think that it will be helpful share with a close supportive person.

You go girl!!!

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

It gets easier believe me. The first 5 days is hard, but it gets better. :goodjob:

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

Hiya Bookmom

I hope your day was successful and you are having a wonderful AF night. Ditto to what the others have said above. Just worry about today and be very very happy about today. Smile girl
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

Bookmom
              So happy to see you start a thread......hope your day went well....keep reading and posting...Welcome to the party!!!!
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Jumping on the AF train

We can help you... no need to make any announcements, just don't drink today and we'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. It really does work that way..

Don

Comment

Working...
                X