Why I love alcohol (not!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is, Saturday morning, and I feel like crap. Of course I drank my 1 1/2 to 2 bottles of wine last night and so [surprise!!!] I feel like shit. I'm going to drag my ass to the gym but it would be nice to actually wake up feeling rested some time.

I.hate.alcohol. But come 5:00, I'll be wanting that first glass of wine again. I just don't know how all of you people that are a/f got through that first day.....much less week.

:upset:

minx,
    If you will read my "I know why I drink" post you will see that you and I are just alike. I even feel "shaky" this morning and keep looking at my hand to see if it really is shaking.

We just have to keep reading and hopefully learn from these people who have OVERCOME this riciculous hell we find ourselves in. I am already dreading this evening cause I know I'll want that Pino Grigio so bad.

Hang in there,
    Peggy Sue
    It's a brand new day!

Comment

You'll make it tonight Peggy Sue. Remember what Chief told you.
      :h :h
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks Mags. I will hold onto your's and chief's words. You are an inspiration.
        It's a brand new day!

Comment

PeggySue, I'll take a look at it. It's such a vicious cycle....and I'm so sick of it/me.

Comment

Minx

Try to make it on to chat tonight. I don't know what part of the world you live in, but when times are tough, try chat or if no one is there, you can post on the ASAP forum for immediate support. Chat should get busy tonight about 5:00 USA East Coast time. I'm meeting someone there then. Give it a try if you want to.

Comment

Mags;222627 wrote: Minx

Try to make it on to chat tonight. I don't know what part of the world you live in, but when times are tough, try chat or if no one is there, you can post on the ASAP forum for immediate support. Chat should get busy tonight about 5:00 USA East Coast time. I'm meeting someone there then. Give it a try if you want to.
              Thank you!! I'll talk a look at it this afternoon. I'll probably be a bit "late" for the rest of you; I'm in California--Pacific Time.

I bought myself some mineral water, cranberry juice and a lime. That's going to be my afternoon "cocktail".

Comment

That sounds pretty good. I might try that one myself.
                It's a brand new day!

Comment

Here's a question that is totally different. Since I just started posting today, I am thinking I am not doing it right. Mine always comes up with the edit button on the bottom, but nobody else's does.

Do you just type in the quick reply or Post reply. what am I doing wrong?

thanks for some tech help, P.Sue
                  It's a brand new day!

Comment

You are the only one who sees the edit button on your posts. We see it only on our posts. That's so we can edit our own posts but not anyone else's.

Comment

Wow, thanks. I never could figure that one out. I love the artwork!
                      It's a brand new day!

Comment

minx, I'm totaly with you. I'm struggling also. Stated taking Topa about 8 days ago but haven't stopped drinking and I feel like shit. Everyone is discusted with me and mostly myself. I'm so unhappy.

Comment

eg
                          How much are you drinking? Are you planning on cutting down or stopping soon? Maybe you need a plan.

Comment

eg;222946 wrote: minx, I'm totaly with you. I'm struggling also. Stated taking Topa about 8 days ago but haven't stopped drinking and I feel like shit. Everyone is discusted with me and mostly myself. I'm so unhappy.
                            I hope some of the people here can help. I totally feel your pain.

I don't know if this helps but I took Chantix to quit smoking (I quit about 4 months ago). Anyway, you're supposed to quit smoking after taking it for about 10 days. I didn't quit until I'd been taking it at LEAST 50 days. My point being....don't give up!

Comment

maybe this sounds dangerous to some, but why dont you try taking antabuse? then you dont have the choice.. its what worked for me. im day 6 now. here is some info-

Antabuse - Antabuse Treatment for Alcoholism

google if it your more interested. good luck, and i to wonder how so many of these ladies on this site do it and are strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X