Why I love alcohol (not!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me145, we're not all strong, there have been slips and lots of experimenting with different meds and supplements, I still drink on weekends but am managing to be AF during the week, today first sunday AF in I don't know how long, but I am keeping busy. We're all human and we are very supportive of each other, men and ladies, newbies and senior members, slippers and long time abstainers and moderators too. Take heart in that it will happen for you too if you want it, and then before you know it, you find you like the feeling of sobriety and sleeping well and waking up without wondering what you did last night. It take some effort and a plan, and all the support you can stand you will find here! :h Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

thanks suzanna. i know it is difficult for everyone. i give you guys props though...keep up the good work!

Comment

me145;223002 wrote: maybe this sounds dangerous to some, but why dont you try taking antabuse? then you dont have the choice.. its what worked for me. im day 6 now. here is some info-

Antabuse - Antabuse Treatment for Alcoholism

google if it your more interested. good luck, and i to wonder how so many of these ladies on this site do it and are strong.
        Thanks for this link me145. I too am using antabuse and was intrigued to read about the long term benefits of these drugs.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

keep hacking away at it and eventually we will find what is the right way
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Keeping busy in the early days is key!

Plan every waking moment so that you have something (enjoyable if possible) to do.

Clear out those cupbouards, clean the attic, sort out those photos into albums, catalogue your record collection, exercise, read, watch a movie - come on here and chat - anything to keep you from drinking.

The biggest challenge is the mental one. You will be going over and over in your head the reasons why you want to drink / need to drink/ etc etc etc.

This is the addiction talking.

Your job over the next few days is to keep your brain / body active enough and thinking about other things so that the addiction can't get a word in there.

If you do get these thoughts popping into youtr head, just gently bring your thoughts back to whatever it is you have planned for that part of the day.

Don't get annoyed or worried about it - THEY ARE ONLY THOUGHTS! you DO NOT have to do what they want.

After doing this for a few days - it just gets easier and easier as your confidence grows, and you realise that the sky will not fall on your head if you dont drink.

And - as for the addiction telling you that life will not be fun any more - that is crap!
            I am having a WAY more fun life that I was before I quit.

Chief said once that the first few days AF is just like having the flu' it isn't very pleasant - but we get thru it - and it IS only for a few days that things are Rough - I promise.

Good luck

Satori

xxx

117 AF days into my new life
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

minx;222603 wrote: Here it is, Saturday morning, and I feel like crap. Of course I drank my 1 1/2 to 2 bottles of wine last night and so [surprise!!!] I feel like shit. I'm going to drag my ass to the gym but it would be nice to actually wake up feeling rested some time.

I.hate.alcohol. But come 5:00, I'll be wanting that first glass of wine again. I just don't know how all of you people that are a/f got through that first day.....much less week.

:upset:
              I felt that way for years until Rehab. What a lesson. The sooner you get away from that wine bottle the better, I assure you. No more days of feeling crappie. Try outpatient services and maybe some meds the first few days are nasty, it gets better.

Hope this helps.
              Take care, its not easy.
              Rip.

Comment

Working...
              X