Newbies in Need ODAT Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would start the thread today since this will be my last chance to post before going into rehab.

I will miss you all but am very excited at this step. One, I know without a doubt I will be AF the entire time I am in there. Two, I know I will have people working with me who have gone through this themselves and will help me learn the techniques to stay sober. Three, this step really tells me that I am ready.

Have a wonderful Sunday to all and I'll check back in as soon as I am out.

Love to all of you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Best of luck to you... ((hugs))

I'm glad everything's closed today, ODAT needed. :-P
    Laura-31
    Windsor, CT

Comment

Cindi
      Thank you for starting the thread, and I admire your positive quote "This step tells me I am ready".....You go girl!!!

Sunday is the worst day of the week for me (inlaw day...4 hrs worth!!!), but it will come and go just like it does every other week. I will just grin and bear it sober.....I am loving the feeling of waking in the a.m. ready to start the day with a positive attitude and no flipping hangover..I will continue taking it ODAT.....day 8 for me
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Cindi

The best of luck in rehab. Let us know how you get on. You will be missed on the boards.

Have a great AF Sunday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Hey Cindi I hope all goes well for you in rehab! make sure you spend the time there gaining experience from others as well as from yourself so you'll be able to handle this addiction better when you're out!

Will be thinking of you while you're away from the boards! :l

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Cindi~

This is a brave step. I am very proud of your courage. I will be thinking of you while you are away.

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Cindi-

I am so very proud.

I love you. :heart: Be well.

Nancy xx
              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
              I am in the next seat.
              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hi all, checking in and going to have a sober Sunday. It'll be a first in quite a long while. Boredom is the enemy so gonna keep busy.
                Cindi, great positive energy going into rehab, and I wish you a time of learning and growth while there that you can carry out with you.
                Charlee, awesome on day 8!! :goodjob:
                Have a great day everybody. :h Suz
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

figured it out!?

I think I need to leave my husband to keep my sanity, went to an AF wedding reception, and he couln't even make it through that, went to the store 10 min into the thing and got some smirnoff Ices, he was sOOOOOOOOO trashed, embarrassed the hell out of me and my kids, then called and threatened a friend of mine, how humiliating, I have been bawling my eyes out all day and drinking my ass off, I know that is not the solution, but I cannot reach anyone for support, called about 6 people, nobody answers so here I am to vent, I think he is holding me hostage for the horses, Iif I want to keep them, I need to stay married to him and live here?? It is so abusive, (mentally, almost physically last night, thank GOD I have been pumping iron at the gym, cuz I let him know that I am not afraid of him whatsoever!

Thanks for letting me vent, it has been a rather sad and depressing Sunday, had high hopes, but they are all shot to hell:upset:

Love to you all, and hugs around, boy do I need one!!!!:h :l

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hey db, sorry I missed you and want you to know that I admire you and your courage. Wishing you all the best, and can't wait to hear from you when you get back. Love, j
                    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X