Newbie To this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie To this site

:new: Hi all...learning my way around here and will chat more soon!

Newbie To this site

:welcome: Hi chocklyteyes. Glad to have you join us. Lots of good posts here. Read the posts, ask questions, jump in on threads that look like they may interest you. I'm relatively new myself but if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Cuckoo

Comment

Newbie To this site

Hi there - I'm new too - today's my first day on the site - looking forward to being AF!
      :welcome:
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Newbie To this site

Welcome to the forum all and I hope to read more of your posts in the future. I've found this a very friendly site and after being here myself for only 2/3 months (not sure!!) I've made some great friends and heard some amazing and inspiring stories. The best thing though is being able to air your hopes and fears without prejudice as everyone on here is here for the same reason. WE ALL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL!!.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Newbie To this site

Hey I'm new too:new:

Comment

Newbie To this site

Welcome Chok and Universal!
            September 23, 2011

Comment

Newbie To this site

choklyteyes, universal, discovermarisa,

Welcome all three. I have been here since July and I have found this to be a wonderfully supportive group. Varied goals and backgrounds but with the common concern about alcohol.

Are you seeking a period AF or mods or something else? I have used the support here to lay down the empty green Heineken bottle for 110 days AF now. It is my sincere goal to remain AF. Mods are not an option for me...hell, that's what got me here.

Keep posting and looking forward to hearing from you.

July

Comment

Newbie To this site

My goal is to go AF for a while - eventually I would like to be mod - I am waiting for my topomax and the vitamin package to come in so until I get those and see how they work for me I don't really know. I know that I am 2 days AF now without anything at all so I'm hoping that with the support of this site and the vit/topomax I can eventually do well at a moderate pace. But I will wait to see how things go.

Thanks for the support though, I really love this site and I'm so glad that I found it!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Newbie To this site

Thanks to all for the welcome and reply...now I am not feeling so alone! xxxxoooo

Comment

Newbie To this site

:new: i am new here too. had a good day, hope there will be many more for all of us:thumbs:

Comment

Newbie To this site

:l Sorry I am a bit behind here July...my goal is to Mod. It wasn't till the past few years that the drinking began to get out of hand...from what I am reading here and on the net...it seems to go hand in hand with the dreaded peri-menopause. Loooking back, my Mom did the same exact thing....uuuuugggghhhhh!!! Thankfuly....one day she just quit it and never went back. I was doing great awhile back in another support group like this and left it...so here I am again...to stay for the rest of my life if that is what has to be. Glad to find you guys....and welcome to all the other new folks on this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X