Made it through my 2nd night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone here is sooo AWESOME...Wow, I haven't had this kind of support in a long time.

Anyhoo...I have decided to do it for another day...No drinking.

Last nights sleep was horrible, I am so tired. But at least I don't hate myself this morning.

I seem to be a bit grumpy.

It's my third day on campral and effexor. I don't know if they are working.

I just got to work and have a huge workload for the day, but I thought I'd start here, because I was a bit pessimistic(?) this morning. After reading all the replies, I feel much better.

Thank you everyone for the replies:thanks:

Good job! It does get easier. I am working my way through day 8 and I can't say I sleep very well either, but like you said waking up without that self-hatred it so worth it. What is effexor? You might try the calms forte for sleep. Hang in there!
    Pepper
    Pepper

Comment

Effexor is an antidepressant. Hopefully trying to fix an 'underlying problem'

Comment

:goodjob: Way to go Pepper!!!! the sleep thing is totally common, but gets easier every day. And I agree with you that the feeling of accomplishment or lack of guilt is worth its weight in gold. keep racking up the days! And keep on posting.

Best,
        Dave

Comment

Night 2 is a victory be proud of yourself

Effexor supposedly takes two weeks to kick in, it?s horrible stuff and made me see ghosts and that was during a sober period. Zoloft is better. Yay you made it, during my dry periods it seems amazing how much time is wasted by drinking. This is my first night sober for a long time and I?ve got the sweats and shakes. Are you experiencing physical withdrawals? :goodjob:

Comment

Hi guys, day 5 for me and it does get easier, but I know what you all mean about the sleep thing, does anyone have a nasty dry mouth - I do and it is driving me nuts and the buzzing in my ears when the house is asleep (but not me). I think I had about 3 hours last night. I am waking in the morning all sweaty (mmm how lovely to be near), but that didn't seem so bad this am. Perhaps this is beginning of a new, fresh existence. Heres hoping hey - keep up the good works - it is sooooooooo worth it. I say this with confidence because life when I drink which until 5 days ago was every single night is completely rubbish, and soooo hard.
            :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Skid

What did you drink?

I drank lots and lots of beer - and was obviously getting a lot of my liquid requirement from that - coz when I stopped, I had to make a conscious effort to drink enough water.

At first, I was waking up with blurred vision and hangover type headaches thru dehydration (mind you - it was usually only that extreme if i had been exercising hard at the gym the evening before!)

Are you sure you are drinking enough water?

As for buzzing in your ears - me too - but I don't think it is anything to do with coming off the booze - For me it is probably a by-product of years of exposure to noise in various forms - I play electric guitar. I also rode motorcycles for years and then moved on to rather noisy sports cars.

I have had this for a while and some of my own investigation points to the use of asprin or NSAIDs like ibuprofen or voltarol as possible triggers for some folk.

You might want to look into the tinnitus websites that are out there for possible causes.
              I don't think there is a cure - but there are things you can do to reduce the annoying effects!

Take care

Satori
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Sotori, OMG (as my little girl would say) I think you are right, I too rode motorcycles for many years and was with the military for 12 years (exposed to jet noise) etc. Bet thats it, just been so squiffy for the last couple of decades hadn't noticed it before. Blimey, how bad is that. Mouth still sucks, it is really quite sore, have new job that is quite physical and perhaps I am losing more fluid than I realise through that, thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I am having a bit of a mare today, Hubby back this evening and he always brings wine, oohhhhhhh it is calling to me, but I really just don't want to go there.
                :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Great Job...and I agree everyone here is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X