I made it through my witching hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is cold out and getting dark early. Pick the kids up from school, brave the cold for 20 minutes in the park, then come home and there is nothing to do. I played with them a bit, but as we neared 6, I was really itching for that glass of wine. This is how it all starts and I know it. If I had given in, I would have had the bottle empty by 8 and been looking for more...
    So, on the spur of the moment, I grabbed the phone, found a kids movie playing near by and told them to grab their coats and shoes. We were out the door and on our way! They were thrilled!
    We had a great time. Now they are sound asleep and my hubby is on his way home. He is brining take out and wine and that's ok. I can control myself when I am with him. I am sure we will have two glasses each with dinner and then head off to snuggle up on this cold night.
    I am so happy I did that and got through it.

Good for you! Nothing makes it easier than finding something other to do - taking the kids out was definitly a great plan. Unfortunatly I am struggling this week and didn't make it through the witching hour last night or tonight. However I am drinking my beer in moderation and am by no means drunk which is good for now. Tomorrow is a crazy busy day and evening so I should be able to go AF - that is the plan right now.

Enjoy your dinner and your evening with your hubby - glad you made it through the rough spot tonight.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

touched

Allinmoderation, I just wanted to say I found your post sweet and it touched my heart. Your kids will remember that nice spur of the moment surprise. You did good. Suz
      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
      X