Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIRACLE FROM THE ANGELS AND TRUE STORY

A MIRACLE FROM THE ANGELS AND A TRUE STORY:
    9 years ago I was belting down a bottle of Vodka per night and hurting and hating myself. One day, and I don?t know how?. I stopped. After many attempts and desperate daily prayers or pleas and including cries for help. I had been yelling at God, [as I know her] and the Angels. Not particularly religious, so no trips from me. Suddenly, one week went by and I thought, WOW???. FORGOT TO DRINK last week!!!

Was sober for 5 years!!! Cannot say tooooo the day and it may have been close to 5 and one half years, who cares???? I was sober and not counting. Booze was just NOT part of my life. Got a University degree and felt so enormously proud and happy with my new life.

Apart from feelings terrific, it was amazing how many new friends did not have alcohol on their radar screens. For what its worth they weren?t religious, they were just blessed enough, never to have picked up the first drink? or came from families that celebrated with food and not booze. Life was good.

Sadly now belting down a bottle of Vodka per night again for 4 looooonggggggggg years and now feeling a tad ill.

Am hoping the same; WOW FORGOT TO DRINK, will come back to me as the last 4 years have been just ghastly and I hate my life and myself. Not sure if this was a miracle but upon retrospect it must have been?

Hope this will happen to all on this web site and we will all be free again. Not even sure why I was so blessed to have forgotten to drink????

Does anyone else have a, ?Miracle Story? to share????
    It doesn?t have to be about drinking
    Cheers
    :wings:

Hi Victory and more2life, sadly no mircale here, but it does feel like one this morning. This is day 7 for me, and I think chosing not to drink is a miracle. A gift, A joy, a pleasure need I go on. I am awake, it isn't even 8am, it is Sat am, a day usually spent belting out of bed at the last min, dashing my son one place, daughter the other, then home and back to bed to sleep off another hang over from hell. Well, not this particular beautiful morning, which incidentally is dank and murky and still looks great. I think maybe my body is over compensating for no booze, cos I feel high as a kite. I am, waiting for my kids to wake, this another miracle, they ALWAYS wake me on a Sat, I saw my husband off to work, haven't done that in a decade. Now, I am on here, and I want to tell anyone who is just starting out like me, get to day 7 (could come earlier for some or a tad later for others) but I think there may be a moment when, all the booze is out of your body and it bounces you awake and says thanks, I can not explain how good I feel. This has got to be the best site in the world, so perhaps MWO is the miracle. Well folks, it has been for me thus far, even if I don't post in moments of weakness (torture) I come and I lurk in the shadows, so the people on it help, even if you are not overly active on here yourself. Just keep on - keeping on. Good luck all and have a great day.
    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

I have a $10,000 right hand I never planned on being alive to pay for...

By some miracle, ..I'm still here. After cutting 3 tendons and 80% of the nerve in my right hand, I hiked all over the mountain all day... looking for a place to just lay down & be "done with it all"...

When that didn't work, around sundown, tired & bloody,... I decided I'd go jump in the river & drown instead. I was very determined.

My wounds didn't hurt till I hit the water. I couldn't stand it. Which is wierd because my hand is still, to this day partialy numb... For some reason I felt everything at that moment... right where I'd done the most damage to myself.

I got out of the river and walked to a friends house(who was out of town), and called for help.

I guess we're not always as powerful as we think. there is more to it than meets our eyes...:h

Everyday Really is a gift.
      :l
      I Thank God for 2nd chances.

(this was almost 10 years ago)
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

THE MIRACLE IS THAT I AM STILL HERE
        LORI
        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Vic: What a story! I think if you come to MWO each day, your next miracle will occur. I drank for years & years...hiding, lonely, & afraid. I came here April '07 & had plenty of ups & downs. I'm 47 days AF today, & while that's normal for some, for me, it's a miracle. My life has opened up tremendously. Keep coming...we need you as much as you needing us. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

I believe in miracles - Does anyone want to try to stop for 1 week with me?

No miracles to share, but I do believe. My life is a complete miracle when I consider the way I've been abusing my body with alcohol. I'm a highly functional heavy drinker - maybe alcoholic. I would love to try to stop for a week. Does anyone care to support me?

Comment

I believe in miracles - Does anyone want to try to stop for 1 week with me?

This is for Chloe, hey I'll join you. I have just finished my first week, in about 20 years, and a word or 10 of encouragement, if I had know it would feel this good after just one week, I would have nailed this deamon years ago. I really feel stupid, which is a word I don't care for or generally use. I have a demanding job and pretty busy life, and I can not believe that I have been battling on for so long. The booze deamon just makes everything so much more difficult. Come on, jump on board - enjoy the ride. The people on here are really ace. Good work each and everyone of you.

Comment

One week plan.

Chloe and Skid Row, Hi!

All the best for your week without alcohol.
                Come on guys, you can do this!

:h Anna:l
                35 years an alcohol drinker now 84 days alcohol free!
                IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Hi Londoner - thank you
                  Yep this is megga, just popped in, this is my usual kick off point. 5pm the bar opens in our house, always has, ever since I can remember. Just had a coffee and a lovely vit b, hmmmm, as much as it really doesn't quite do it for me, tomorrow morning will. Haven't felt this way in forever, 20 years I reckon. The clarity of thought, is MASSIVE. Oh and not to wake with a groan and then the fear of what you actually said the night before. I never was an aggressor or anything but a bit of a rambler and probably not nearly as whitty as i thought. But hey ho, that was then, keep on moving forward all, it really is a great place to be. 84 days is fantastic Londoner - I am on your tail, helping you forward, you are inspiring.

Comment

Working...
                  X