Testing the waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing the waters

Hello all... I am new to this program, and new to Message Board forums also. I guess I am a binge drinker looking for moderation.

Some background -
    My social life revolves around bars and parties with friends. Most everyone seems to handle moderating their drinking, but I feel totally compelled to 'speed drink'. My friends laugh that I have two drinks for every one of theirs. I'm the 'fun guy' -- always the life of the party. In the last few months I have started blacking out, and not remembering much of the previous evening. I am usually fine the next day, and have no problem not drinking if I don't start, and don't go out.

Anyhow I felt like I was well on my way down a bad path, and came across this program. I have already purchased the book and read it. I have a question though... If you are not an everyday drinker, do you need the prescription drug? I feel like I'd lik to try without first, but I really want to commit to this.

Any suggestions?
    Cooper

Testing the waters

hi cooper
    I was like you, party girl, lots of fun etc. I didn't use the prescription drugs.
    basically came here and posted and read a lot.
    then I started on the supplements and vitamins.
    Kudzu helped with cravings especially if you take it before going out.

I also started taking L-glutamine which also helps with cravings.
    moderation works, but I suggest staying AF like the book says for a month.
    then try moderating and see how it works for you, some people have to go totally AF.
    I am still AF right now and plan on spending the Holidays AF.
    it works, it just takes time and effort.

Trix
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Testing the waters

Did you use the hypno-tapes?
      Cooper

Comment

Testing the waters

Go to the Holistic Forum to find out more about people's experience with the hypno tapes. Check out the "Hypno Dummy" thread started July 7 (I believe).

Lots of people do well without meds. But if you want to know more about that, check out the Meds forum.

Welcome and good on you for taking this first step!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Testing the waters

Welcome here. Everyone tailors the programme to their own needs and there are many many people on here who don't use any medication. Best thing is to read as much as you can and learn. You will find plenty of people with the same drinking pattern as yourself and you may be able to pick up tips from them about how the reduced or stopped their intake. Good luck.

nicole

Comment

Working...
          X