Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

wish

I wish you could wisk me off to some island somewhere too Bessie, but my brain and heart will still be there, so maybe just take me off the face of the earth??! Not serious, not suicidal (YET) I have to endure these next 5 days, so will try to check in as often as possible,

You are all wonderful, I love you!!!:h :h

Love,
    MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Welcome Islandgirl. Glad to have you with us.
      Cowgal, keep your spirits up, come and see us often - you know you have all of us for support during this time.

I did well last night - had 2 AF beers and a bath and went to bed putting me at 3 Af days. Tonight I"m going Christmas shopping so I should be okay again as I won't be anywhere that I'm tempted. At this point I am making my choices ODAT but if I do choose to drink, it will be to moderate. But today I am choosing not to drink.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

just woke up, slept all day, glad my sister didn't call to tell me i was a loser. Didn't drink today, won't tonight and will go in to work tomorrow.

I am just so thankful to all of you.

Comment

Well done Suki. you are certainly no loser.
          Love Paula.xx

Comment

To anyone who might be discouraged: Please keep coming here to MWO. I came here in April & have had plenty of slips. However, on Oct. 6th, I decided that drinking is just not for me. I cannot moderate...I tried it more times than I can count. I come here every day & share & read. I've been sober for 45 days & feel great. Please don't get discouraged or feel that you can't come here if you've slipped. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Suki411;226746 wrote: i think today has been the worst day I have experienced. I can't stop crying. I spoke with my boss and my two close friends at work who are so wonderful and understanding. My perfect sister only calls me on her cell to my cell, because it doesn't cost her anything. Don't know where my cell is. Too bad, Nancy.

I am so tired of doing everything myself and being criticized by my sis and her husband and getting calls from my brother (who abused me as a kid) who tells me he loves me, because he knows that I now hold all the power, and if I follow my mother's wishes, he doesn't get a penny.

I think that I have hit rock bottom, i can't imagine feeling worse than I do now. I feel so blessed finding this website and this community of friends. You all have helped me more and mean more to me than my own family.:thanks: :thanks:
              Hey Suki,

Don't get caught up in other peoples' power webs. Just remember, other peoples' opinion of you, is none of your business.

Long Road
              Long Road
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

:new:
                Long Road;227048 wrote: Hey Suki,

Don't get caught up in other peoples' power webs. Just remember, other peoples' opinion of you, is none of your business.

Long Road
                Long Road
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LONG ROAD, PAULA, ISLAND GIRL, RUSTOP, BESSIE , SWEETPEA AND EVERYONE ELSE

When I got my laptop, I used to get online and check my emails from work,

Now, the first thing i do is get on MWO. I can't tell all of you how much reading your posts mean to me.

I slept all day. Have to go into work tomorrow, not looking forward to that. But am going down to cape cod to pie night. finally realized that the reason that I went down to my mum's best friend, Evie's house on cape cod when I was in high school was to feel safe because of what I went through with my brother.

Pie night is an annual event by Evie's son, Ford and his son, Will. I just need to be somewhere that I feel safe. He knows what I've been going through and doesn't judge, like all of you.

Thank you all for your support, your understanding. I know that I will eventually get to where I want to b e. I' so blessed to have discovered all of you. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                  X