Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Friday

Good morning everyone

Mary, Cowgirl, Ripple, Suki, Charlie, Miss October, Finallyrn hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Know Cowgirl and Ripple were having a hard time yesterday morning so hope you are both ok today.

Happy belated birthday Taking Control, 25 days thats amazing. Universal - only one more day and you will have achieved your week, well done.

Bessie, have posted on the other thread to you. Every day you went AF was an achievement so jump right back in the saddle and let us know how you are. That goes for you too Teardrop. Dont stay away because of a slip. I did last year and just continued drinking. MWO keeps you focussed and when you know you are supported it motivates you to continue.

I'm usually up early and start the thread but anyone else who's up, if you dont see it please feel free to start us off.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Hi Rustop:

You are so right about coming back to MWO even if you slip. I've slipped, & my biggest temptation was to stay away: justificaton to continue drinking, shame, whatever the reason. I'm so grateful I didn't, because I was able to get back on track & now have 48 days accumulated.

Yesterday was the first AF Thanksgiving I've experienced in a long, long time. I have no hangover today. What gift! It was a family day, & I was able to participate in a way I haven't been able to in the past. Thank you MWO. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thanks Rustop. I am firmly back in the saddle, reins in hand and a big stick to beat the beast off if it comes anywhere near me again!

Mary, that sounds like a fantastic achievement. You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to many others.

Bessie xx

Comment

Morning Rustop, and as always thank you for starting this thread.
        Hope everyone had a "safe" holiday. Cowgal and Ripple, know your day started off on the bumpy side, hope everything was able to smooth itself out. Please check in.
        Yes, it was a nice holiday, watched my big Italian family slug back shots of whiskey in the morning, annisette with their expresso, and so much wine at the dinner table. I had my water with lemon and was fine with that.
        Mary, I too was able to participate in a way I haven't done before, felt good to help out our host without worry of a shaking hand, or clumsy feet!!!.....
        Well, it's not only the day after, but another weekend upon us. Looking forward to hearing how everyone's day went yesterday....
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Been AF 7 days (new to MWO) - my first Thanksgiving in a long time too.
          :award:

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

Comment

hi

just barely hanging in there, thank GOD for my kids, AA, Mike, all this SHIT(sorry, had to say that right at this point in the game) in my head is driving me CRAZY, not to mention, it is FREEZING outside, the wind ripps right through you, so there goes all my hopes of riding, which is my therapy, DID go to the gym though, needed to try to get the endorphines going, think it helped for a while, good book, ipod, 40 minuites on the precore...............think I'd feel awesome, BUT for some strange reason, filling out all these divorce papers is killing me, I have NO idea how to answer half of the questions they are asking me!?!?

I was just telling my kids how when I was younger, I waited on Gene Hackman, met Phil Collins, Prince, and John Cougar and we were having sooooooooo much fun, it was like a flashback to my "independent days", which I am going back to, was sooooooooooooo carefree and fun-loving (still try to be but have the mean guy at home to deal with) I really don't know what I am saying so should probably delete this, but won't cuz I know this is therapy, sorry to dampen any spirits,

SAD:upset:

MA:h :h
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Cowgal

We are with you. You've got your kids (how many?) your riding and all of us. You will get through this and find peace. The future can be frightening. But can also be exciting. Stay strong.

love, s :h :h :h

Comment

Hello everyone,
                just in from work. Cowgirl hope you are feeling a little better, wish I could help you
                but all I can do is send you love and best wishes, you will get through this.
                Welcome Pamn, well done on 7 days.
                Have a good weekend everyone. Must go I'm back at work at 7.30 saturday.
                I'm feeling so much better, thanks to all you lovely people.
                Paula.xx

Comment

hey

i am fine, sitting here listening to prince which my kids downloaded on itunes, MUSIC really moves me alot, sooooooooooooooooo think I will be fine!

MA:h :h :l

Comment

The old Prince? As in Little Red Corvette and 1999? That's the best! Raspberry Beret is my all time fav song! Can't belive today's kids are still listening to Prince!

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

Comment

funny

yeah the "old prince", sexy as all hell, the kids are turning retro on me!!!?

They actually have turned me onto some some cool stuff now, still like old rock sometimes, but am starting to enjoy System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold, always like M&M, I am a rebel I guess in that respect, admire the fact he gets away with saying all the stuff I feel like saying, but can't.................sorry if I blew my "nice" image, I am a rebel like I said, but LOVE music.............am jamming out right now to some cool tunes...............

love ya, :l :l

MA:h

Comment

Cowgal, a big thank you, I just a big kick in the head after reading your post. When I get home, I turn on the tv to fill this place wit some sound. Usually food network, where some type of cocktail, wine or something alcohol is always mentioned, no wonder I can't stop thinking about having a drink when I'm here.

Walked out of the bedroom, saw the iPod dock, turned off the tv, plugged in my iPod. What do they say....music soothes the savage beast? I think, for the moment, the noise scared him away for the time being. :thanks: :thanks:
                        :h to all

Comment

Cowgal, I am an iTunes addict (hopefully it will REPLACE my other addiction

I am into my kids' music too, but haven't heard of system of a Downa nd Avenged Sevenfold, so I'm off to iTunes to investigate! Anything to keep busy and AF.....day 8.

Comment

actually

The system of a down is pretty heavy, some of it is mellow, but avenge sevenfold has a lot of mellow stuff, I just love jamming out and escaping for a while, actually listened to David Bowie, Beatles and Pearl Jam while at the pool, any music that is cool I love to listen to.......

Hope you enjoy whatever you find on the itunes, listening to Prince again, "Kiss", and "when doves cry"..................man I will have my kids tivo it on video for me, they can do all that stuff, it is pretty fun to retro back and watch them...............

Yep, the have actually tivo'd michael Jackson now, they are soooooooo funny!!!:H

love it guys, thanks for the lift in my spirits!!!!!!:thanks:

MA:h

Comment

AF Day 9......

:happy: DAY NINE! The Campral seems to be helping. 5:00 pm to about 8:00 pm is my "danger zone" so my husband and I have been walking the dogs, going shopping, gardening, putting up Christmas decorations, etc. Anything to keep busy during that time. I've been off work since Tuesday and 5:00 seems to come quickly every day.

My plan is to stay at work until 5:00 every day this week (I have flexibility to leave early, which is usually why I was drinking by 5:00 at home), come home and work out on the treadmill, cook dinner, walk the dogs, and write Christmas cards. That should get me through to the 8:00 "witching hour."

Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X