Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'll do it then as it's lunchtime and nobody else has started it and I need my daily thread fix!

Not going to start on a truly positive note as I succumbed (again! that's twice in a week - get a grip Bessie!) Tiredness, temptation and no plan were triggers. Will watch out for those.
    But today is a new day, a new AF day, a new wet and cold UK day and a new day to say hi to everyone and good luck and a happy Monday to all.

Love

Bessie xx (still not really able to look a pork chop in the face ........ )

Yep another AF looming for me as well

Know what you mean about needing a fix. Seem to spend ages on this site but it is doing the trick in keeping me Af at the moment

Thanks everyone for your support

Keep strong keep focused

Love Sweetpea xx :h
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Good fix!

Glad I'm not the only one who is spending too much time on this site!! I spend a lot of time at the PC working at home and I always have the site open in window so I can keep checking for posts and just get a good fix of common sense, support and advice. I don't think it's a bad habit to have!

B xx

Comment

Hi Bessie--
        Thanks for starting this thread.
        Even though we have so many triggers at our fingertips, I find that it helps if you don't load the gun! (I know-- easier said than done). But if we must fire away.... aim at the :alf: . I was thinking of putting it's picture on my dart board. That would be therapeutic.

Happy Monday and Good Luck to you too!
        xox
        Fby
        xox
        Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
        - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Hi Bessie & Flutter: It gets easier & easier as you accumulate the AF days. I still come to MWO every day but not as much as in the beginning. I trust myself much more. The old habits & rituals of buying, hiding, & drinking are being replaced. I don't wake up wondering how I'll get through the day. You can do it. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Bessie, Sweetpea, Flutterby and all to come

Have been having problems with the computer the last few days so have not been able to get my morning fix of MWO. I find that once I have had my walk and then a coffee and an MWO fix it sets me up for the day. Day 28 for me so feeling good. Have done 30 days a number of times before so am taking it ODAT for December. There is a part of me still wanting to hold onto being able to have a glass of wine with a meal and enjoy it. That was never the problem it was the drinking alone that caused me the real problems. If I could stay AF 99% of the time and just enjoy that glass of wine, that would be my ideal but its probably not attainable. Deep down I know that but have a problem facing up to it.

Hope you all had a great week-end and are doing well.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning and Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm ready for an AF Monday ! Back to work after being off all last week. Tough week. Only AF on our Thanksgiving Holiday (but I was proud of that). I have been on this site 2 weeks today and have had a total of 4 AF days. I'm looking to put in as many as I can this week thanks to all you wonderful people.......ODAT. Have a great day !

Miss O.
              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Morning Bessie, Sweetpea, Flutterby, Mary and all to follow:

Old habits are being replaced with new....still working on a few things, one being to incorporate some sort of exercise plan into my routine. I know how important this is in the recovery process. I too, am loving the freedom of waking up in the morning and not having to plan the day around the buying, the hiding, the sneaking around. I hope everyone had a great weekend...and remember, we can do this together...
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

My One day starts today

Hi guys and gals,

My ODAT starts today. I've been here since May and I did have some sucess back in August..but then I stopped logging in and well, you can imagine why that was..

but it's time to get back to business, time to regain control, time to get mad as Chief would say..time to kick Beasty A**. !

I cannot look past today, I cannot think about Xmas and all the family dinners, parties, boozing etc.. that's to scary right now..

I can only look at today, this minute, this hour, this day.

My One day at a time starts TODAY !

Have a great day everyone !!!

Riker,
                  Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Everyone: Absolutely not looking ahead to future events is a good idea. We can cross that bridge as we come to it. I got through 2 drinking events last week...Thanksgiving & a party yesterday. Once the initial twinge of seeing the bottles out on a table wore off, I was fine. Yesterday, I noticed people pouring themselves their second & third, but it had lost its appeal for me.

I've lost my desire to have that one nice glass of wine w/dinner. I think it's because I know for sure that one glass would never, ever do it for me. I would want more, more, more. I don't think too much about the future. That's why ODAT works for me. Take care of your abs or mod everybody. Good luck, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello. Hope you all don't mind if I join in on this thread. Think it may be a good place for me to hang my hat for awhile. I am on my 4th day AF today, and feeling really good. As someone who is a nightly drinker (without skipping ever) 4 days is amazing for me. I had a 12 day stretch in Sept., which I also was amazed by, but lost that mindset somehow and caved.

Anyway, I am here, and hopeful...One day at a time. So. I wish you all a wonderful and AF Monday.

Beast- GO F**K OFF!!!!!

Beth
                      formerly known as bak310

Comment

day 1

AGAIN, feeling like a TOTAL failure, but hopefully will get through this day 1 without drinking, my liver and heart need a break for sure, good going for most of you..............

I go to the lawyer today, aso am very nervous about that, I know I will leave there armed with knowledge at least. ..............

I am not doing too well though, head games, cannot stand them!!:upset:

I will check in later, but will be around all day til 3PM,

love you all and thanks for the support!!!!:h :h

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                          since last tues not stop drinking. But cut down yesterday on alcohol intake and already the withdrawal symptoms kicking in. Just need to stay calm in myself. Charlee your right excercise plays a big part. I know when i use to do exercise that feeling inside you just makes me feel good afterwards. Just got to stop being lazy and get the get up go feeling, (need a kick up the back side i think.) Drinking does not help.
                          Not going to drink tonight today is a new day for me.
                          wishing everyone best of luck.x
                          Love
                          Teardrop.x
                          family is everything to me

Comment

Hi Cowgal,
                            Your not a failure. today is my first day again, look lets hold hands and we can do this just for today, tomorrow will come by itself, but not now. Talking about head games my dad use to mind game. One minute everything was ok the next all hell brokeout. Just thinking about it makes me scare now.

Keep strong we are with you.
                            Love Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

I am here starting again today....It will be a good week...i believe I can do it...we can do it together....i want to get through today... and not think too far in the future...just today....buckle

Comment

Working...
                              X