Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you don't mind me joining in. Today is day 5 and I am so proud to have made it through the last 4 days since it was a long weekend. Weekends have always had me starting even earlier since I didn't have to wait to get home at 5:00. I thank you all who answered my post of yesterday. it felt so good to admit my problem amd hear from all of you who I feel I alredy know. A little problem this morning as I was in my closet ( the can hiding area) and found some un-opened light beer cans. I wonder how they got there????? Anyway, since they are not the brand that my husband would drink I can't just put them in his beer fridge in the garage. I was so hoping not to have to hide anything or sneak anything anymore. Well, I'm at work and probably should get off. I'll check back with you all later. Have a great day.

Comment

Hi everyone!
      I'm ready. I have been reading everyday since I found this site about a week ago now. I have my vitamins and determination to get through today. Thats all I can ask of myself. I hope you don't mind me jumping on the band wagon!
      Cowgirl, don't feel bad. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Comment

:bang
        I'm in the same boat, day 1 for me today. After a couple of weeks of mostly AF It was down hill after Thanksgiving. At least I didn't drink all day thanksgiving day; but friday to sunday was a different story. I feel physically and emotionally drained but I know a new week is a new opportunity. I want to do this and I know coming to this thread will help. When I was visiting the thread regularly, I felt better and stronger so I need to make time. Thanks for all your support for those of us that are starting over.
        :huggy
        "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Everyone is 100% welcome here at any of the forums. Please don't feel like you have to qualify. Yes, I've had some success, but I've been where you all have been. Don't feel you have to stay away for any reason at all. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, just a quick visit,I have to go to work.
            Good luck to you all (and me). I am not drinking and
            feel so much better for it.
            Love Paula.xx

Comment

Hey guys, I am not having a good day. Did great last week and didn't drink Saturday but had a huge fight with my bf yesterday morning and the drinking pretty much hasn't stopped since. Having a beer as I'm talking to you guys. Why is it that when we're upset alcohol seems to make things better? Especially when we know it really doesn't? I'm feeling so down and out right now and it's a horrible feeling. Sorry if I"m bringing the thread down, I just am feeling really depressed right now and needed the support.

Love you guys, hope tomorrow is a better day for me.
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

not good

I have done horribly and now just got back from lawyer, he didn't tell me anything Ihoped for, I have just got a beer to drown my sorrows, feel sooooooooo hopeless, will just stick it out w/ Mike and hope I can do it

I feel sooooooooo depressed, afraid, alone, ugly, hated, the list could go on forever, He makes me feel so bad, but I don't see how I can make it without him, and will lose everything if I leave.............

I am sorry to cry out and get everyone down, but had to get this out and off my chest.............:thanks:

love you guys,

SAD:upset:

MA:h
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I had to hop in here and tell you that I know exactly how you feel. I have been staying in an unhappy marriage so I do not lose the house and my kids don't lose their home. Just recently (5 days know) I decided that by drinking I was never going to be able to help myself and improve my situation. I never thought that I can make it even 5 days so I have already accomplished more than I could have hoped for last week. Remember your kids need you more than ever and you all need to be there for each other. I know we don't know each other but I really do understand what you are feeling. It really is a depressing situation, but drinking is not going to make it better. I hope that all the wonderful people here will be able to support you through all of this.

Comment

thanks

I feel like I have taken ove most of these posts w/ my stupid problems. Kids seem fine, besides finding pot plants in the yard and killing them, something children, no matter how old, should have to deal with................

Today.I will just stay here and deal with it, have lots of friends, the lawyer gave me 48 hours to make a decision, sooooooooooo I am feeling stressed to boot,we'll see how it goes, just EXTEREMELY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW.................gonna helpZacw/ science project and shower and turn in early, hopefully I can get a grip and deal w/ tomorrow ok, just lost it today, SORRY!!!:upset:

lots of love and hugs, much needed:h :l :l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I am so happy to see this thread growing,...some new, some starting again, and some of us who have been here for a while. We are all choosing to handle our issues with drinking ODAT....There are no failures, we are all coming from the same place....Each day is a new day, and that is our focus...Just today. We can do it......the best part is we can do it together!!!
                      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Cowgal --you'll be able to cope so much better without the alcohol, Try and hang in there. I'm also in an unhappy marriage. Really slipped up over this long weekend. Sometimes I think my best revenge will be not drinking. I'll be stronger, have more confidence in myself, and be able to handle his bullsh*t a lot better. I'll be praying for you everyday. Be strong and be kind to yourself. One moment at a time.

Comment

laura and cowgirl.... I agree with what Laura said and that is exactly why I am determined to stay AF. We will be able to deal with all of the problems in our marriage if we are not drinking. For me I think he likes the fact that I do drink and hide in my room. I think he feels like I will never be able to do anything about the marriage and therfore he will not have to give up anything. I am kow going to prove to myself that I can be in control and hopefully get myself to a better situation. He has far more problems than I do but he hides them better. Maybe if I wasn't drinking I could see them and he would no longer be able to deny them. Please be good to yourselves. We deserve better.

Comment

sorry cowgal....I typed cowgirl. So sorry...hope you are doing better

Comment

Working...
                            X