Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew it --Now what?

Hi gettingthere.
    You`re mad at yourself for falling off the wagon after being 22 days AF........being mad at yourself in this way is good as that is one of the feelings that gives us the determination to succeed at this. But, what`s done is done........you can`t undo the night you got drunk, so, let it go and move on. 22 days says you can do this........it also reminds all of us just how easy it is to slip.

Your hubby cannot possibly understand your problem as we do. There are many members here with caring, supportive spouses and partners, but, noone can completely relate to this addiction unless they suffer from it. And please don`t think of yourself as selfish for drinking..........it`s not being selfish.........we are driven to drink for all sorts of different reasons and we also drink out of habit and dependence. We just have to fight to learn to live sober.......never easy, but the best decision we can make for ourselves and our loved ones.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I blew it --Now what?

Gettingthere

Like everyone says today is another day. Yes you have had a slip BUT you did do so well and know that with our support you can do it again

GO FOR IT YOU CAN DO IT

:l Sweetpea :h xxx
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

I blew it --Now what?

Hi gettingthere! Brush yourself off, forget the guilt and start again. A slip is not at all unusual, plus you already did 22 days af!! That's terrific and is a clear indicator that you can do it again. Opt for progress not perfection. The slip should just be a reminder to be careful and take very good care of yourself. One slip does not/can not erase/delete the success you've had so far. So chin up, onward and upward. If you need help, come back here. A big hug for you and have faith in you, j
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I blew it --Now what?

Gettingthere, think of it as part of your journey to AF, you are getting there, with 22 days, that is a great accomplishment! Maybe that slip had to happen, and now you can see, that you like the AF feeling better, so forget feeling embarrassed or anything negative, it drags us down!! Nobody is a freakin' saint!! Say your sorry if your hubby needs you to, and then move on and refuse to discuss further. Your growth will be your AF days stacking up. Someday I hope to have 22 days like you. :l Suz
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I blew it --Now what?

Hi Gettingthere

I did around 27 days in May AF- then another month moderating, without getting anywhere near drunk. I fell sometime towards the end of June and the BF was not very kind or encouraging. I felt very angry with him for never praising me- just slagging me off at the first real slip.

I think I then used that as a bit of an excuse to carry on (well if he doesn't understand- why should I care kind of thinking) which I know is rather stupid.

22 days is great, just climb back on the wagon, and I think sometimes other people (like your inlaws) are not nearly as hard on us or as judgememntal as we are to ourselves.

Good Luck
            Marby x

Comment

Working...
            X