X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

:new: : I'm new and really need some help

help please

what's happening sickgirl? can you say a little about it?

Comment

help please

can't seem to stop

Im really bad and keep relapsing over and over again. It's killing me and I'm too young for this to be happening

Comment

help please

sickgirl you are not alone. And good for you for finding this site and reaching out. That's huge in itself. I'm struggling to get back on my feet from relapse also. The back and forth with the drinking can really make you feel hopless. But you're not hopeless.
        There are SO many people here who have felt just as you do right now. We all know how bad it can be. And we understand. This site has been a lifeline for me and many others, and it can be for you too.
        Are you going to be okay tonight? Are you in a safe place?

Comment

help please

Welcome Sickgirl,
          no you are not alone. We know just how you feel. Keep posting, try not
          to drink. I do hope you are ok.
          Love Paula.

Comment

help please

Hi sickgirl!

I hope your doing OK this evening. I think maybe you need to stop beating yourself up over these relapses to begin with. It has taken me the best part of 10 years to change my way of thinking and to finally abstain from drink so It something that isn't going to just fall into place overnight. I'm not suggesting it's going to take YOU that long hopefully you've wised up and come to your senses a lot quicker than me!!. As for age as well alcoholism does not discriminate against anyone. I went to my first AA meeting when I was 26 years old and I'm sure there are a lot younger than me out there who have attended AA.

How long have you managed to go A/F for before you've felt the urge to have a drink?
            What did you do to try and combat that urge? and what meds if any are you taking to help you etc.

Don't be shy and maybe the good people on here me included can help you in anyway we can. You've obviously taken the first step by posting here about your worries etc but give us a little more to go on. Remember no matter what stage of sobriety we are at on here we are all here for the same purpose young/old or newbie/veteran we all have something to offer as well including yourself.

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

help please

Hey sickgirl

All of us here have had our battles with our demons. There are people here in all stages of their relationship with alcohol. Read some of our stories and tell us some of yours. We're here to support each other and we welcome everyone.

I hope you pop back later and tell us a bit about yourself.

-lorelei
              Suddenly I see
              This is what I want to be
              suddenly I see
              Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

help please

Welcome sickgirl. You are not alone. We are here to support each other in any way we can. I just found this site a week or so ago and find it very helpful. Don't be afraid to reach out.

Laura

Comment

help please

Thanks everyone!! I just got home from an AA meeting and I'm feeling much better! Iv'e been trying to recover for a whole year now and haven't been able to stay dry for more than a month or so at a time. Now i'm finally realizing my life is a real shitshow.

Comment

help please

Hey! I'm new here too and you shouldn't feel like your life is a shitshow......
                    Don't look for a month at a time, go ODAT, which I am already seeing is important on this site.

Comment

help please

what is odat? and welcome sickgirl. maybe if you started by giving yourself a really beautiful avatar name... maybe something empowering instead of disempowering.... just a thought... maybe alivegirl... hummmmmm. well girlie as my old pals say.. .keep coming back it works if you work it... and you know what it is one moment at a time. that is all. and it will eventually take.
                      :welcome:

Comment

help please

Hi Sickgirl and welcome!!! You have found a great haven in MWO, it is a place of inspiration, support, good information from a lot of very smart and decent people from across the world!!! It has been a true blessing to me. Seems to me that you have what it takes to achieve sobriety given that you are able to be alcohol free for a month at a time. That's terrific and a success that should not be diminished or erased because of "slips." Try to figure out why these slips occur and then avoid the triggers that prompt them. Opt for improvement not perfection, small steps go a long. long way with time, so be patient with yourself. Come here if you need a helping hand. "ODAT," one day at a time, certainly works for me and many others. Take it easy and take good care, hope to hear from you again soon, j
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

help please

:welcome: Sickgirl

We are all in the same boat but the support on this site is awesome. ODAT (one day at a time) is the way forward. Set yourself achievable goals. You know that you can go a month so try pushing that to 5 weeks taking everyday as another challenge

All our love and support to you. You are very young and the fact you have found us so early in life is a real bonus for you. For many of us it has taken us till our 40/50 to get where you are now. Be proud of yourself that you are doing it now instead of 20 or 30 years down the line

Keep posting is the key

:l Sweetpea
                          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

help please

Sick girl - I am also young and also in the same boat as you but I have not been able to go a whole month without alcohol so you should be really proud of the achievements you have been able to make. It's good to see you here - I've only been on the site for 3 weeks and its amazing how much it will change your life. All the people here are incredibly supportive. Keep us updated on your progress, you will find this site will become like a family to you - because at the end of the day, we're all in this together.
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

help please

I'm with Bootcampbarbie on the name change. Don't think of yourself as that. Try something that you want to be fabulousgorgeoussuccessfulwellgirlwhoisthetops!! (ok maybe that's a bit long but you get the idea!)

I'm going to start the One Day at a Time thread for today so why not use that (there is one every day) to check in, tell us how you are getting on and stay focussed and in touch. This is such a wonderful place to get support. I am sure you will be able to get help and turn that shit show into a success!

Bessie xx

Comment

Working...
                              X