Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Thursday

Universal
    You sound so much better today, it is not only the waking up refreshed we have to look forward to, but giving our brain a rest from working overtime wondering about all that transpired the night before (all those didi I's). It is truly a freedom in itself!!!...Good luck tonite with the BF
    Cowgal, glad to see you back, don't feel you have to apologize, we are all here for each other. The support is here for the rough patches, and together we can celebrate the good as we all try and make it through ODAT.
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

ODAT Nov 29

Good Morning Everyone,

OK, please tell me where the sun is shining because it's cloudy here in New Jersey, and rain expected. But I won't let that dampen my spirit. I now have 2 AF Nights behind me, and tonight I choose not to drink again. I feel so much better in mind and body.

It's amazing what you can do when you don't drink. Last night I helped by 12 year old son type up his report on "drugs"; marjiuana, tobacco, and my favorite subject - alcohol. He wrote one line that said: If anyone in your family has alcoholism, it could tear your family apart". I told him I agreed with him, and that this person has a disease and just needs to have help." But, anyway, he was so happy I typed it up for him since he has not learned how to type yet. And I was sooooo proud of myself :thumbs:

Universal, good job with no drink last night. A couple more of AF days for you and everything will look so different, and physically you should start to feel better :l

Suki, wow one week is so great. Don't worry about your slip.....cause I can see you getting right back on track :goodjob:

Anyway, to all on ODAT today :wavin: good luck and have a great day.

Miss O.
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Universal: On Oct. 6th, I woke up & said "enough is enough." There are no positives to drinking that I can think of. It's all negative for me. I can't drink mod & therefore, any time I drink, I get drunk. That isn't the way I want to live. I've gone to a few parties & gatherings & didn't drink while others did. It worked out fine. Problems work themselves out in a rational manner, because I'm not putting off solutions because of the avoidance of drinking. Take care of your sobriety one day at a time. As the days build up, it gets easier. I'm just starting (after 55 days) to sleep in a normal manner (6 - 7 hours in a row). Good luck. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi eveyone,
          I will not be drining today. dayone again. but feel really mad just want to tell that breast to p*ss off and F**k out off my system. Hate the way it makes me feel inside so low, my mind does not stop thinking like a(monkeybrain) I will not drink today nor will i at the weekend just need that kick start again. Remind me never to sop drinking on a monday does not work for me, just excuse to drink for the weekend.
          well done universal for not drinking.
          Love you ALL
          Love Teardrop.x
          family is everything to me

Comment

Hey Teardrop, yep I know how you feel. I fell off the wagon 2 nights ago (on my 6th AF day!!). I went to the supermarket to get dinner. Thought about booze when I first walked in, completely dismissed it, bought my shopping and left. My boyfriend met me outside Waitrose and started saying he was really stressed and wanted a drink (and that was it).
            Woke up the next morning and felt like hell.
            How many Af days did you get in a row?? I know when I met you at lunch you were on day 8???
            Teardrop, we both know, we just have to keep on and keep focused on moving to a better place drinking wise. Thinking of you.
            xx
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hey, don't forget about me! I had a late night at work and didn't post anything yesterday but I'm still here. I actually went home and looked at my drinking journal from months past. Wanted to remind myself of habits and triggers and the feelings I get when I let myself down. One painful entry was about my son watching me drink and smoke. Just made me more determined. ODAT................I was having a hard time last night so reading that help A LOT

Comment

teardrop

My heart goes out to you, I know what you are going through, me too...........we will beat this shit, I SWEAR!! I am there for you, and I have enough support from you and everyone else to know we CAN do this..............

love you!!!!!!!:h

hugs and love.:l :l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Good morning all. It's still early for me, but I'm used to being phase-shifted. Didn't sleep too well -- lots to do at work, and it's got me a bit stressed. On the bright side, I know where I'll be this evening! (And probably every evening until some time next week. Bah.)

peace,
                  lilnev
                  Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
                  A: Practice, of course.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Its 7:00 am here and I'm amazed at the number of posts already. Kudos to all who made it another day AF. For those who didn't, today is another day. Cowgal, you are sounding better. Hang in there baby! A lot of you talked about trouble sleeping. I've been having trouble too. Listen to the hypnotherapy CD as I fall asleep but have been having a lot of nightmares recently. Not sure what thats about.

Have a good day everyone and looking forward to Fridays posts.

Laura

Comment

Love this ODAT Thread

FinallyRN,

How could we forget about you ! Just read your post from Tuesday evening. Hope you are feeling OK after getting rear-ended. That sure would have set me off for a bad night. Good for you for not having a drink that night :goodjob:

Have a good ODAT today and tonight !

Miss O.
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just checking in.. mid way through day 4 and doing ok. Work is extremelly stressful this past 2 weeks and especially this week, but I've managed to stay away from the beer. I'm probably to damm tired to go out and get some :H .. Anyways, I wish everyone a great AF day !..

Oh, in my parts of the wood, it's snowing right now and minus 9 Centigrade..Wish I was in FLorida like my in-laws !!!

Riker
                        Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

HELLO

HELLO EVERYONE,

JUST FOUND THIS SITE. RUSTOP I KNEW I LIKED YOUR NAME FOR SOME REASON! DIDN'T REALIZE WHAT ODAT MEANT FOR A FEW MINUTES (DUH). I AM ON MY 4TH AF DAY AND AM FEELING A LITTLE BETTER DAY BY DAY. DID SLEEP A BIT BETTTER LAST NIGHT. LOVE THIS POST. LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW EVERYONE. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT AF DAY!

Comment

good for you

Hang in there you are in the right place!!

Welcome, :thanks: and read up and post as much as possible, maybe you will meet some really good friends here, I have and love them all!!!

Keep us posted to your progress!

MA:h

Comment

THANKS COWGIRL

I JUST ORDERED MY STARTER PACK, BOOK AND CD'S

ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG DELIVERY TAKES?

Comment

mine took 2 days

I hope you get it soon, am looking to getting mine back for reference, lent it to someone, but I care for them and want them to have it as long as they need..............

just found out I will have a partial if not total knee replacement on 12/27,am very nervous about that but have used all the conservative options I had................

Means I will probably now stay here for a while, want to get as much horseback riding in as possible, wish I could fly you all here to to that. but understand that is IMPOSSIBLE...............good and bad news.

spent the afternoon at the gym pool, relaxing cuz I have this ulcer that won't let me eat anything or drink anything, THANK GOD................will be AF tonight like it or not...............

Maybe GODs way of showing me I need help................will go to bed now, it is only about 4:30PM, but I am sooooooooooooooo exhausted. I cannot imagine staying up much longer...........will check pms and see you all on the other threads I started.................

LOVE YOU, SAAAAAAD, very sad but will survive.............................love ya!!!

MA

will get off my soapbox now................................

hugs:h :h

Comment

Working...
                                X