Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinking of booze - a bit of a revelation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the cinema last night with a group of girlfriends. We all settled ourselves into our seats when the smell hit me. Someone in the row in front stank of booze. It was really noticeable and I was mortified. I have probably smelt like that on countless occasions and not even been aware of it. It was awful, the thought of ponging like that and nobody saying anything but thinking all sorts of bad things about me. A real reality check about how I thought my drinking was going by unnoticed. I WILL NOT be smelling like that again.

Bessie (determined to stay fragrant!!)

Hi Bessie, "who smells soooooooo nice".

Here's another for the girlies, I met a mate in the supermarket, we had a chat, I haven't seen her in a few months, anyway (day 19 today) yesterday the phone went, it was a friend of mine I haven't managed to see in a while (hmm too pissed generally to drive the 5 miles) well she wanted me to fess up as to if I had had a face lift or not. The mate I had seen in the shops was saying to her how fabby I looked. I have to say, I can't notice that much difference, but obviously others can (and of course do). So heres to another glass of water, and a free facelift. Keep up being non stinky and I will to.
    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

If the truth be told I probably do pong a bit today - I ate loads of garlicky, gingery things last night! Yummy!! And I probably don't look like I've had any cosmetic surgery either as it was a late night but I'm going straight into the kitchen now for another drink of water and I am sure I will wake up tomorrow morning looking 10 years younger!!

Bessie

Comment

Yep - been there smelled that!

It is amazing how much more you notice it on others when you have been AF for a while.

And girls - I am sure you were NEVER stinky!

Love

satori

(Skid - I would rather be skiing too! I have to wait until MARCH before I get to go to Colorado :upset: ! )

xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Off to Austria in 6 weeks. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Colorado, hey, did Mummy never tell you it's not nice to show off. You lucky lucky lucky lucky chap. I'm putting all my deamon money in a jar, hope to go again this season, don't think it will stretch to Colorado though, (wish my addiction had been even worse then I would be saving even more).

Comment

OK - I'm an American but I love learning non-American slang. I pick a bit up through British fiction but I have never heard the word "ponging." Does it just mean "stinking"?
            Curious,
            a friend across the big pond
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

"Ponging" means "stinky", you're right............girls I hope you don't mind me answering the question.........even though I'm not British I did live there for 4 years. Can this "Yank" be an honorary Brit? Also if they say they were "pissed" it means drunk, not angry.

Comment

I just love learning new slang too.... let's start a thread of foreign slang... let's face it... we all still want to be cool... even if we are sober. eeee gads.... I can contribute a bunch of yiddish and I think Mona can too!!! let's do it. PLEASE!!!!!
                But, I think a pong and a bong mean something totally different... right????? please advise????
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

But bongs do eventually pong - so I'm told.

Comment

And further more... I have heard things about tuna fish, tacos, roast beef... and the hershy highway... and gerbals... now let's add this all up.

Comment

ok well perhaps I'm in over my head... someone should start a thread... I'll sit back and learn from you youngsters... and ask when it might be time when it might be appropriate for me to sound coolio.... okay dokay...

Comment

Satori,
                        It will be a privalege to have you and your family in Colorado! By the way.....Breck got 18" of fresh snow over the weekend and more is coming this weekend! We are doing our best to provide you with a great snow pack!!

Hey, Skid Row......just let me know when you are coming......we will roll out the "White Carpet" for you too!!!

Hugs!
                        KateH
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Ohhh, don't tease, I would live in the mountains if I could. Do you live in the mountains?? If you do, just pop out your door and take a great big breath for me, rest a while and take in the view. Then get your skis on and get up there (oh please) or your board (if that is your thing).

Comment

Sorry Skid - not on here last night.

Not showing off honest - compared to you - I am probably an ancient old fart!
                            For the slang afficionados out there - I am no longer a pissed OR pongy old fart!!. - altho I guess I could whiff or indeed ming a bit after a hard day's skiing I suppose

I have been skiing for many, many years - only managed to achieve Colorado trips in last few years!
                            Mainly used my teenage sons' love of skiing / boarding (my older boy has gone over to "the dark side!" ) as justification to make the long trips to the USA, although the whole family ski.

I did my (lengthy!) apprenticeship in .....Scotland!
                            (Ever ski up here? Ya gotta be TOUGH to want to that regularly - believe me!)
                            Eventually got pissed off
                            with the bowf
                            weather here.
                            Gradually started hitting Europe - and only recently the USA.

Yep - it is expensive - but with the exchange rate the way it is right now(has been) it helps a lot!
                            If you ever get the chance - DO IT!
                            Europe blew my mind after only skiing Scotland.
                            The Rockies blew my mind after "only" skiing Europe!

KateH1 - Why thank you for the kind compliment!
                            18 inches of new snow at Breck eh? Cool - it all helps!

We would probably need 3 SEASONS to get that much in Scotland in the way things have been the last few years! :H

Love

Satori
                            xxx
                            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Okay Skiddy! Not sure what I'm in for but I've got a condo(let's make this clear that it is a friends) condo in Breck that is ski in ski out. Next to everything! If you come to the states let me know!
                              Olivia

Comment

Working...
                              X