Newbies in need ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess all i can say i f--cked up again. I am not giving up I feel that maybe moderation might be the best right now. Some of you may say that iyou reallly are not trying. I am i did have 2 days Af last week (not a big deal I know) I am still going to work on AF. I just know that this month is not the best time to say yes i can go AF and stick to it. I do plan to take ODAT.

Comment

Jacy
      You didn't f--k up, and no one here will accuse you of not trying. So many of us had slips, before it finally "clicked".....You went 2 days, so you had a taste of the freedom of being AF......Whatever you choose, mods or abs....we will be here for you...keep posting and yes, take it ODAT....:l
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I read Jacy's post and was about to reply, then I read Charlee's post. So glad I did. Had 7 days af and felt fabulous. Starting thursday night, fell or jumped off the wagon. I so want it to click. Soon.

Thanks Charlee.

Comment

Suki,
          you are doing well, get back on that wagon !.I say to myself frequently, don't
          put off to tomorrow, what you can do today, tomorrow never comes.!
          Good luck Jacy.
          Love Paula.xx

Comment

dexterhead, my grandfather was born in Boston, but his father was born in Baden Germany. Anton Fredrick Burkard. Retired as a piano turner at the age of 45, said that he had worked long enough and it was time for his kids to support him. What a gig!

From early on, we were allowed to take a sip of beer at family dinners and when deep sea fishing off the coast of Massachusetts, as well as taking a couple of puffs on his ever present cigar. Which made me sick to my stomach and I haven't had anything to smoke since.

When I went to college in New York, because I had been able to have an occasional glass of wine with dinner or a glass of beer with the weiner schnitzel and sauerkraut, I could handle the college freshman drinking. I was the one to put everyone to bed, clean up after them. That was was a million years ago.

You are so right about life here being so stressful.

I have a very good friend who lives across the street. She's german, gorgeous, and married to an uptight american.

All of these posts are so important to me. I know that I will get to where I want to be eventually. I just wish it wouldn't take so long.

Comment

Working...
            X