Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

:welcome: To everyone

As requested by CaptJbean I have started a thread so that everyone can join in and give us the slang used in their part of the world so we all became enlightened, liberated but hey just a bit of fun

Here goes today already seen on another thread the words used ponging and pissed. In the UK they mean stinking and drunk

So get rolling and let us have some gems from your part of the world

Sweetpea
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Punani (girly bits) polynesian probably, but we used the phrase growing up in New Zealand
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

One I particularly like, (I know, I am not very nice) is another one that I think is from the UK- 'He was minging' meaning he was exceedingly ugly and unpleasant.

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Your sick. This is a term, generally used by the under 25s, meaning You rock. You rock is a term used by the over 25s (who still remember being young) meaning your sick.
        :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Hey Marbella Yep being sober means probably won't waste any time chatting with mingers.

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Hey Skid, yeah I have had this word 'thrown' at me by a group of youngsters when I was signwriting in a pub. I think they associated my writing with tagging (grafitti). They were all sitting around watching me work saying 'That's sick man really sick'
            Then came over to me and asked how I learnt to do it.
            ????
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Marbella I also thought that minging meant not only exceedingly ugly and unpleasant but also dirty and untouchable. The word makes me cringe - another slang word for shudder or shy away from

Sweetpea
              :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Pants

One of my favourites. No idea if it is cool or not or whether just in the UK but if something is pants its bad.

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Poley

Oh and poley .... as in a load of old poley. (rubbish) Bit like pants. Maybe I just like words beginning with P!!

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Fluthered - An Irish expression for having a high blood-alcohol radio!! In other words drunk.

Rustop

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Great post. Americans are so boring. I'll have to think about this before I contribute.

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

sweetpea;230963 wrote: Marbella I also thought that minging meant not only exceedingly ugly and unpleasant but also dirty and untouchable. The word makes me cringe - another slang word for shudder or shy away from

Sweetpea
                        Yep - I believe to ming originally meant to smell - it was a Scotiish word that was adopted by the rest of the UK!

As in "Oh man - go and take a shower - you are really mingin''

From there it widened out it's use to mean something unpleasant - and from there to an ugly or unattractive person.

Love :l

satori
                        xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Yep, Satori, Minging means smelly to me as well. Or horrible, not nice etc......
                          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Boggin, means filthy. (but that's one for the Scottish to confirm). (West Coast).

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

OMG - didn't mean the Scottish were Boggin, meant it was a Scottish word. Oooooooops.
                              Well soz (as my 12 year old would say) well meaning very, soz meaning sorry. Just so theres no confusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X