SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

You're lyin' through your teeth!! (I have no idea what other orifice you would lie through but my mom always said that...)
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Bit like my mum had eyes in the back of her head!-knew what I was up to.....
      In life we can live out our dreams its true
      the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Cindi, I also like "Lyin' like a rug!"

SweetPea and Lowercase, I agree that the post was "a stitch" (slang for "funny")...now, if someone chooses to get their "knickers in a twist," "panties in a wad," "work themselves into a lather," or otherwise make themselves uncomfortable, that is their "own little red wagon." Everyone likes a guilty snicker. I'm a blonde and I always get a kick out of a good Dumb Blonde joke. Even when I don't get them...
        Jane Jane

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Yes Bessie,You have me thinking,being a Norfolk girl myself.

COQ=Came over Queer "I didn't feel too good"

NFN=Normal for Norfolk "Thats how we are/think in this part of the country"

One from my Irish background

You would make a dog bite its self= "You are driving me insane"!!

Just throw your toys out of the cot = "You're being silly"

Oh i love this one "If i don't see you through the week i will see you through the window"?

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Ah Norfolk, hey do you have a badge which says I AM NOT A GROCKLE?

or if surfing down in Cornwall, I am not an Emmit. These are words for imports/tourists.
            :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

In your neck of the woods - in your part of the world

Just wanted to show off because I have just found how to put a signature on my posts :whee:

I am not the brightest star in the sky as it has taken me to taken so long = not that clever!!!

I am not that quick on the uptake = slow to Cotton on = slow to understand :bigwink:

Sweetpea xx
              :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Skid Row;233598 wrote: Satori, are you sure you want to take on the might of the Southern Jessies. Some would say your actions are those of a "heed the ball" (someone a little crazy).

"Southern Jessies" and "might" (in the sense of strength) are words that NEVER
                appear in the same sentence.

As for me being a "heid the ba'"

All Scots are total Bammers! (or - at least that is the impression we like to give to the Southern Jessies )

Love

Satori

xxx
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Ass over elbows - to fall

One sandwich short of a picnic - not all there

Calling Ralph on the big white telephone - to vomit

That's all I have for now, maybe after some coffee I'll think of some more.
                  Suddenly I see
                  This is what I want to be
                  suddenly I see
                  Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Thought of this one while I was away

Two peas in a pod = Twins, identical or the same

Sweetpea x
                    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

Here's my 2 cents ; )

cut a rug=dancing

sick=great

shagging=having sex (a lot of Americans still don't know this)

stepped in it=made a mistake

shit the bed=made a mistake

two french fries short of a picnic=not intelligent

tang=girly bits (not just an energy drink for astronauts!!!) it's short for putang

One can always check out Urban Dictionary: Define Your World if they are stumped by an expression. It's especially helpful if you can't figure out what your teenagers are talking about, LOL!

Great Thread : )
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

I remembered this thread .. BUMP!! I love slang! I was just trying to figure out, why do we Americans call the front part of our hair "bangs"??? I know in Britain it's a "fringe" and that actually makes sense. I knew an American who went into a salon in London and asked for a "bang trim":H:H
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

rustop61;230983 wrote: Fluthered - An Irish expression for having a high blood-alcohol radio!! In other words drunk.

Rustop
                          Fluthered... is that like 'F*cked up?' ... lol.. sorry, couldn't resist...
                          P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                          - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

SLANG THE WORLD OVER

dexterhead;301359 wrote: I remembered this thread .. BUMP!! I love slang! I was just trying to figure out, why do we Americans call the front part of our hair "bangs"??? I know in Britain it's a "fringe" and that actually makes sense. I knew an American who went into a salon in London and asked for a "bang trim":H:H
                            lol.. since you mentioned it... sounds like getting 'banged' .. lmao... oh dear...

ohhh.. I had bangers in London when I visited... yum..!
                            P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
                            X