Does noone ever go into chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, new here and just wanted to know if anyone ever goes into chat?

Been in there a few times today - EMPTY!

Trix XXX

I'm going there right now....... join me if you want!

Comment

Hi Trix. I'm new to chat rooms. I went last night but no one was there. I' ll check in again tonight. Keep trying.

Comment

Maybe we are all in different time zones which doesnt help. Keep trying Trix we will find you.

Comment

See it does work

Comment

I know this may sound stupid, either I can't figure it out or no one is ever there. I have downloaded the most current version of Java. I've clicked on new chat and I guess I don't know what else to do after that. I have never been a chat room before. Am I doing this right????

Thanks, Theresa

Comment

Seems right will meet you there now and will wait a few minutes.

Comment

chat fluctuates, sometimes tons of people are in there chatting and other times not.
                be patient.
                or better yet, invite someone to chat with you.

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Chat tips

Trix is correct; chat activity fluctuates quite a bit. We've recently moved to a new system, as well.

You probably know that you can view current members in chat by scrolling to the bottom section of the forum home page and view "Members currently using new chat." Sometimes the best way to invite others on is to simply log in and and hang out for a few minutes. I think a lot of times members take a peek to see who's in chat, don't find anyone, and move along. But if others see you there they're much more likely to log in and strike up a convo.

Here are some additional links you may find helpful:[*]Free Java download (required to run chat on your computer)[*]My original post regarding the new chat systemA follow up post
                  about how to use chatHope that helps. Happy chatting.

RJ
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Thanks RJ for the reply. No sooner had I posted the message than I was joined by 4 other members! lovely chat.

Great site!

Comment

Working...
                    X