Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fed up!!!

Hi

I have been taking the supplements for a week now listened to the tapes and I have to say I feel certain benefits in my mind. More positive towards life itself and calmer. BUT I dont seem to be able to stop or cut right down (have cut down slightly) on the drink. I think it is the habit I am finding hard to stop. Can anyone advise please
    Sandie
    X

fed up!!!

Hi Sandie. Congratulations on taking the excellent first step of reading the book, and starting the supplements and CD's. They really do help. I'm not sure if I would have the AF days I DO have under my belt if not for that support to my body and mind.

That said, quitting isn't easy. There isn't a magic bullet that I have found. You have to just make up your mind that you WILL NOT DRINK. Different things work for different people.

Have you checked out the ODAT (One Day at a Time) thread? A new one is started each day and it's a great place to promise YOURSELF that you just will not drink today.

It does get easier with time. I had a 60 day AF stint in Jul/Aug, and I felt terrific. I fell for the Booze Beast trick of "now I'll have just one" which spelled disaster for me. BUT...I want to feel good again, so here I am sucking it up for the difficult initial stretch. You can too.

Best wishes to you!!

DG
    Day 3 AF
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

fed up!!!

I always think there is a right time? I do not know why but there are times when we feel strong and can do and others when we simply cannot.. Do not worry you will have a can do time before to0 long when the time is right for you. Just keep on trying and looking around you for your inspiration.

Comment

Working...
      X