help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

im new on this site i been drinking heaverly for about 2 years i wont to quit alcohol so i can feel happy again i was wodering how long do u start to feel benifits from quiting alcohol

thanks

help please

Hi Sparky-

I just came back this site and am on day 2 right now, so welcome. I think it takes different amounts of time for everyone....
    How long since your last drink?

E

Comment

help please

hi

hi i didnt drink for about 5 days but a sliped yestaday but i plan to try to quit again

Comment

help please

Hi Sparky I think it is differnt for everyone, but I feel better after 24hours....but I have only been AF for 10 days once in the last 5 years. Now I have a pattern of no drinking SUn thru Thursday. Hang in ther and keep posting Good luck!

Comment

help please

Hi Sparky--You're probably just hungover and will feel better after a nice long day of funny movies and lots of water.

Tomorrow will be better, and the next and the next as long as you don't drink.

Comment

help please

Sparky first welcome!

your recovery will happen gradually and not at an even pace...some days will be better than others as your brain chemistry adapts to your new healthy lifestyle. Be sure to take your vitamins seriously and make sure you are getting at least 100mg per day of Vit B1 (thiamine) and a multivitamin with magnesium is a good idea. if you feel lousy and/or depressed for an extended period of time you may need to take supps or see a doc about something to increase GABA and/or serotonin levels. hang tough!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

help please

welcome

hi sparky:welcome: I feel better after 1 day. Drink lots of water and rest. Every day gets better and better. You will feel so good after 2days. Be careful you dont feel to good you'll want a drink. Thats what I just did and now I'm back at day 1. Just after 5 days I felt soooo good. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Comment

help please

thanks for your replies i really apreciate it

Comment

help please

Hi Sparky,
                  Just keep at it one day at a time. It's very hard and it's so easy to think you can go back and just have one. That's what I did after 21 days AF and I was right back to drinking for a month or more. The first 2 or 3 days AF were the worst for me. After that I started feeling better, had more energy, slept better, etc etc. By 3 weeks I really wasn't thinking much about it.
                  I wish you much strength for staying on track. It really is worth it.
                  Auntie
                  AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

help please

Hi Sparky :welcome:

Welcome, we are here to help you, and ourselves. So, you have been drinking heavily for 2 years. what's your story..... I can tell you are pretty young just by the way you type. No CAPS and alot of shortened words....just letters (nothing wrong with that, that's how my kids text.) There are alot of us on this site that have been drinking for over 20 years. Not easy to quit. That's why we are here.

But you, 2 years...good for you.....you are realizing that you have a problem while you are still young. So in answer to your question, first it depends how much you have been drinking......you go through withdrawl (please check the withdrawl section of this website, and if you have really bad withdrawl symptons please get help immediately !!! ).... Physically, it does not take that long, couple of days....mentally, maybe a little longer because your brain is so used to the alcohol. There are so many different emotions. Hang in there......

Just read, read and read, and learn from all of us who have been there and are still going through what you are, but even longer. We wish you so much luck :goodluck:

Miss O.
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                    X