Newbies in need: ODAT Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How presumptious of me! Well we are the 1st over the date line. Welcome all. So glad!!! that ring was found (been there). Most seem OK, BUT;bare it up people: we have the cHallenge of our lives ahead. U hearda Birthdays? U hearda Thanksgiving?

Try this people: THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS!!! :welcome: :H :H :H

I intend to continue my AF days to 7th Jan+

Anybody with me?

Good morning to all.
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Today's the Day

:happy: :happy: Day here @ 4:00am. is nice and warm @ 20 C. Who knows what that is in Old English. Approx~????. Sky still dark, but sun about to burn the Dawnway! Gets to a point where U can almost smell it coming.

In ten minutes, the birds will sing. One voice alone at first -- and then 2,3,4; multitudes! A cacophony; a riot. A NYC traffic of birdsong!

I'm waiting. Wish U were all here. :happy:
    Long Road
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Long Road,

OMG, I am TZ challenged within my own country, now I am having to deal with TZ challenges crossing Days!! :H

My hubby accuses me of being time disabled. He says I only know if it is light or dark. Period. He is close to right, actually, especially if I am working on something that has my full attention.

Okay. I am posting for tomorrow. Just for tomorrow I will not drink!!

Now I am really confused. Does that mean I didn't drink today?

Should I go ahead and add my 0 to the drink tracker for today, even though I still have a full 12 hours and 30 minutes before tomorrow gets here?

My head is now dizzy and I am completely disoriented. Shoot, times were so much easier when the world was just flat and the sun revolved around us...

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

LOVE YOU LONG ROAD. Can I spend xmas with you and not my f@#$%ng family?

Cindi, you are just too cool. LOVE people from the south, better than all these uptight northeners, me included, I must admit.

Hoping I hit rock bottom today. PLEASE!!!

7 days AF were heaven. What went wrong?

Comment

Time Warp Again

Suki: Nothing is wrong. Those 7 days are still there. Wait 'til U here my story!!!??

Cowgal: LuvYa. Loose the emotional baggage- free the inner Cowgalllll!!!!.

BTW: Weather report: SEQ Australia--: Ridiculously fine//Ridiculously mild. Elvis coming back 2 life to film remake of Blue Hawaii here.
          Long Road
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Q&A

Suki,

4U, wot's rock bottom? If U don't mind.
            Long Road
            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Rock bottom, probably being the one in the family to take care of all family members in need for the last 27 years, telling my sister that my bro sexually abused me as a child and she didn't believe, telling my boss, a great gay guy whose wedding I helped plan, called me a liar when I told him i had been af for 7 days.

I'm trying to settle my mom's estate before the end of the year, getting calls from them all, constantly, none of them work, I work 50-60 hours a week and am losing my job in July, because the company wants to save money and, I'm supposed to move any money I get to them, with such poor performance. Can you tell I'm having a horrible day?

Comment

Suki,

I agree with Long Road, those 7 days simply can't be taken away from you. They are yours to cherish. You did them!!

You can get right back on the horse and go again, you know, if you choose to. Unfortunately, the alcohol is not going to make any of this crap better, just worse, well, that is a lie. Short term it does make it better, which is why we do it. Short term, like for about an hour or so when the first buzz hits, whew, gone!! Too bad we can't stay at that one hour or so buzz... But we can't. We continue on into the deep dark abyss and we are much worse off than before the buzz.

Here's hoping your higher thinking brain can tell your lower thinking brain to take a hike and you ain't gonna let it kick you around anymore, Suki!! :l

And for the record, it took me many months before I was able to do any long term abs, so just keep on trying to quit, girl. It does get better.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning!

G'Day,

New face, new day!

HiYa from The South Pacific-- Australia--World's Largest Tropical Island!

Way to go Sweetp, Rust(sorry, up 2 early),elainy,my girl suki,cowgal(Do'in good),tK, ret tech (Hang in) etc., etc, and db2 who's out there 4 y'all.

Day 8 AF. Live the life U love; love the life U live.

C'Mon Today, we're ready 4 ya!
                  Long Road
                  Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I decided to moderate this week and start fresh next week AF. I feel bad I had 2 days last week and gave in Friday. My heater in my apartment wasn't working and i felt so frustrated that I went out bought some. I will back on the supps next week.

Comment

Like the way you think db2..................adding one more day to AF.

Love reading your posts.....

Comment

time warp

Long Road, you are such a cheery folk, but way ahead of me and I haven't posted in ODAT Tuesday yet! So I post here and then I can say I'm on day 3, gotten into the hump on accellerated program, like db2 said. Heck that is awesome!! :H
                        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Wakeup Call

Coming to U from the first continent to see the sun on Wednesday 5th December. White Knucking? Hanging by a thread? Shaking like a Singer on steroids? You've come to the right place! On the "JST" thread we'll meet U, greet U and be glad to seat U. Don't be shy! There ain't nothing we haven't done, seen or heard.

Honestly, this is the best group of people I've personally found on the web to help if you; like me, have a problem with alcohol consumption of any severity. Read through the posts and you'll soon know if this is the place to help you. May you find peace here.

I wish you all Love and Esteem.

Long Road
                          Long Road
                          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Time Cheaters

Sorry db2 (et al), I tried to use your method of time compression using jumbos and Concorde in the '80s. When I started it was the mid-eighties, but 2 days later it was the late eighties: time compressing SOB of a Universe! Or maybe it was just the vodka.

Whatever, stick to good old GMT,(or IST), and you can't fool anyone, not even yourself.

TimeLordWannabe
                            Long Road
                            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Morning. Only been Wednesday for a few hours in the UK and I seem to have been up for at least two of them .... doing accounts work.....BOOOORRRRRINGGG. Having a bit of a sticky time. Can't seem to string more than a couple of days AF together at the moment. Triggers are stress/bad mood/too much sugar/wine in house. Hubby bought some in last night to go with fabulous steak dinner. Think I am going to have to tell him more about my efforts to go AF - he knows I am cutting right back. And get him in on the support. He'll probably join in as he really hung one on (another for the slang thread!?) last night with whisky after the wine and is feeling it this morning.

Happy Wednesday to you all. Today is a new day. Today IS an AF day for me. I'm planning my day right up to bedtime. No space for Al in today's plans.

Love to all to come.

Bessie xx

Comment

Working...
                              X