Newbies in need: ODAT Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bessie;234430 wrote: Morning. Only been Wednesday for a few hours in the UK and I seem to have been up for at least two of them .... doing accounts work.....BOOOORRRRRINGGG. Having a bit of a sticky time. Can't seem to string more than a couple of days AF together at the moment. Triggers are stress/bad mood/too much sugar/wine in house. Hubby bought some in last night to go with fabulous steak dinner. Think I am going to have to tell him more about my efforts to go AF - he knows I am cutting right back. And get him in on the support. He'll probably join in as he really hung one on (another for the slang thread!?) last night with whisky after the wine and is feeling it this morning.

Happy Wednesday to you all. Today is a new day. Today IS
    an AF day for me. I'm planning my day right up to bedtime. No space for Al in today's plans.

Love to all to come.

Bessie xx
    Hope U come too Bessie, Hard in Fact.
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good morning everyone,
      Bessie I could not cope with booze in the house. My husband likes red wine, but
      as agreed not to keep it in the house, I do find it easier to stay af, the times when
      I have slipped are when I have gone out and bought it.
      Today I will not drink.
      Happy wednesday everyone.
      Love Paula.

Comment

Good Wednesday? morning everyone,
        Boy this is confusing, Like you Bessie, Bookwork Again today for me. Will keep popping in today, I do have wine in the house and need to keep my mind off it today.
        Have a great day
        Love your energy Long Road it must be all that Sun you have there!
        In life we can live out our dreams its true
        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Just want to wish you all a great day whatever plan you are on

Today packing and doing jobs in the house plus paperwork so very busy

:l Sweetpea xx
          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Hiya ALL and Welcome all the newbies yesterday,

Bessie,like paula said cant copy with booze in the house, my husband has lock all the xmas drinks in the shed. (Does not trust me.)
            rustop, I always end up taking my dog for a walk but it is the other way round she takes me for a walk, it does wake me up in the mornings do feel like I'm half a sleep to start of with.
            The weather is not to good here today i do like the sound of australia long road, only been there once to visit cousins (just love it)
            I have been wearing my cotten sock to bed just seem to feel the cold more, is that a sign of getting old or what????( hope not) I even use a magnify glass to read the small print as well now.!
            I hate writing out xmas cards, my son is the same he does his newpaper rounds in the morning so he has lots of cards to write out. last year he got nearly two hundred pounds in tips. The old people are really generous.
            I'm going to jump on another thread i will try and not repeat myself, is that a sign of madness or just getting old??
            6Days AF for me.
            If there any newbies out there reading just jump on board we welcome you with open arms.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Take it easy everyone.

Love

Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting the thread Long Road. Still very windy here but managed to get my walk in. We went Christmas shopping for the pets yesterday!! My daughter is 13 but still insisted in buying xmas stockings for both the dogs and the cat. The JR got a new bed, he gets about one a year as if he will not play with the Goldie she pulls him and the bed out into the middle of the floor and has destroyed I dont know how many beds at this stage. I am waiting for her to grow out of it and she's nearly 5.

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

good morning all. Going into work today after spending the last two days in bed. Not looking forward to it. Lost it at the end of last week, told my boss i was 7days AF and he called me a liar. I too can't leave a bottle unopened. BUT WILL NOT DRINK TODAY. Getting bak on the horse, Cindi.

Long Road is right, you all are the best.

Comment

here is my horoscope from the toronto star.....

Virgo (Aug. 23 ? Sept. 22)
                  Wednesday, December 5, 2007
                  A situation that has cost you no end of angst refuses to leave. It?s a complex problem that seemingly has no resolution. The sky is intending to use every trick in the book to get you where you need to be. Let it take you. Success will follow.

love him and all of you.....off to the hell hole opps, meant work.

Comment

Good morning all,
                    Sunny day here in GA, 39 F now, high 69 F expected. I feel like I am one of the last ones to post Long Road (lol). Can't get to the computer before 8:30 or 9:00 am, get up far earlier than that, but have to get the girls off to school and hubby off to work. Maybe I should have posted yesterday when I read this thread? Hope everyone is doing OK today. Haven't seen a post from you today cowgirl.....was wondering how you r feeling? I hope a little better. Finished RJ's book last night, loved it. Rustop we have 2 dogs as well, I don't care for shopping that much, but do love to shop for them. Hope everyone has a good day (whether it be a Wed. or Thurs.)where you are!

Lainey

Comment

Hi everyone. Rustop, my hubby always buys presents for our dog. She is always very appreciative! Suki, good for you for getting back on the horse. Your boss sounds like quite the ass.

I'm doing the Drunk Free December challenge (or what ever you want to call it). So far I'm doing good, AF 3 days Drunk free 1day. I'm still taking it one day at a time, just trying to not get drunk for a month.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Olivia

Comment

I am here

Thanks long road for the vote of success...........hey to all, Love you all, teardrop, Bessie, Sukie, and all the others who's names I cannot remember, I am still in a phenergan fog...........

Will check in later when I feel better!:h :h

Love you all, thanks for support!!!:thanks:

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Good Afternoon & Good Evening to fellow ODAT's in UK,

Been trying to post all day, but keep getting interrupted at work...........the nerve of these people.......Long Road, enjoying your posts

Suki, don't even bother saying anything to your boss about you going AF.....I agree he is a "butt head", or my one of my favorite words "idiot" :flush:

Shelby, your avator picture with those christmas cookies makes me want to get a glass of milk and start dunking them in the milk and eating them......yum. But I won't, don't want to gain back couple pounds I lost from going AF.......actually just losing the bloat......yeah !!
                          Plus don't want to start an addiction with cookies :H

Good luck everyone for an AF Wednesday.
                          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Miss October, I can not eat the cookies either since I'm low carbing it. But, it can't hurt to dream! Besides-cookies look much better than meatloaf!

Olivia

Comment

All is well here today, Office Christmas party tonite ( a small group of 9), so it should be interesting when it comes time to fill the drink orders....I am sure I will be asked a least a half dozen times....not sure what my response will be as of yet, all I know it will be AF!!
                              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hello, busy day. Haven't had a chance to post. Woke up at 7 am, had coffee, decided to go for a jog, then into the shower straight to work. I actually had an entry earlier in the thread when it was started on Tuesday but Wed in Aussie land..........so does this mean it actually Thursday and I have another day under my belt? Life should be so accommodating.

Until tomorrow, Friday right?
                                Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                                X