Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful South - wow

Know the last one Skid!
    Made me smile reading the thread. Great everyone speaking at cross purposes!
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

Hi drenched in wine and all,
      Florida counts but will NOT recount, much to our disappointment.
      Great thread skid - thanks for your insights and..... I AM going skiing in a few weeks!!! Could life be better?? Oh yeah... temporarily forgot about why I'm here at MOW. Can't get too optimistic but I do like to pump the positive when the opportunity presents...
      xox
      Fby
      xox
      Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
      - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

If you are going skiing flutterby, :goodjob:
        I don't believe that life could ever be better, I am still counting down to when I can go to the real mountains.:upset: But the wait will be worth it. Hope you have the most fantastic time. But I am sure you will.
        :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

I live in the South but...beautiful? In spots, but I've travelled to much beautifuller places and, as Jimmy Buffett sang, "wish I were somewhere other than here." Must check out the BS band you mentioned, Skid.

Skiing, schmi-ing, sez JJ. I am utterly hopeless at it and quit after tearing an ACL in my knee. One week a year in Colorado or Taos is simply not enough time to become proficient. I never understood the passion some people (all the other Janes) feel for it! I mean...it's cold, it's hard work, it requires ugly clothing that makes you look fat...and you can get seriously hurt! So ever since my accident, I don't even rent the stupid things---I stay back at the condo and make chili, bake bread, and re-read Dickens by a roaring fire. And everyone's happy at the end of the day!
          Jane Jane

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

Fla

I live in Tallahassee, FL, I consider that the "deep south", nothing like Palm Beach or Miami or anything like that, but it IS the south..............as for the band(that is what you are talking about?? Confused ), never heard of them...........

It is going to be a hot one here in the south, looking SOOOOOOOOOOO forward to getting out and having some fun in the sun this weekend, just cannot get here fast enough...............and to be AF, will be the best part, Mike is going hunting (I think this weekend, up in Mississippi, so a hubby AND AF weekend, what BLESSING!!! Will be easier with out him around!!!)

love,:h

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

Flutterby,

BwaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHA!!! Love your "count.....but not recount" comment. Made me drench my screen in tea (through the nose).

And Jane-Jane,

I think we're two peas in a pod, you and I. I'm SO much better at the whole apres-ski thing than I'll ever be at the actual skiing bit. I mean, I get why skiing is fun, and I even enjoy the occasional (awkward, embarassing) pass down the slope. I'm just no damn good at it. I'm MUCH better sitting by a roaring fire, trying desperately to look fetching while wearing appropriate clothing, sipping appropriate beverages and playing appropriate games.

LOVE the whole idea of it, though.

-HopefulNow
              Taking it all in

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

HopefulNow;235463 wrote: Flutterby,

BwaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHA!!! Love your "count.....but not recount" comment. Made me drench my screen in tea (through the nose).

And Jane-Jane,

I think we're two peas in a pod, you and I. I'm SO much better at the whole apres-ski thing than I'll ever be at the actual skiing bit. I mean, I get why skiing is fun, and I even enjoy the occasional (awkward, embarassing) pass down the slope. I'm just no damn good at it. I'm MUCH better sitting by a roaring fire, trying desperately to look fetching while wearing appropriate clothing, sipping appropriate beverages and playing appropriate games.

LOVE the whole idea of it, though.

-HopefulNow
                LMAO, Ditto!

As my husband and two sons go flying down the double black diamonds my private ski instructor looks at me and says "you don't like green runs, you like DOUBLE greens"....Tee hee, there is NO adrenaline junkie in me whatsoever. Colorado is beautiful and we do ski there every spring....Good Times : )

Party on (in a sober way)......My Heart
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

For inquiring minds, here's a Beautiful South Music Video...I'll Sail This Ship Alone

[ame= ]YouTube - Beautiful South - I'll Sail This Ship Alone[/ame]
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Beautiful South - wow

MHIDIW,

I bow down to you, you have me beat. Double Greens. WOW.

I can't get off the Bunny Slope. (Literally and figuratively.)

-HopefulNow
                    Taking it all in

Comment

Working...
                    X