Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I hate about drinking!!!!

myra;247698 wrote: Diamond,

So sorry you have to face this. Truly. Will keep you in my thoughts. Trying to be AF tonight and struggling with my decision. If you are on your computer tonight, visit chat.
    Hang in and take care. Hope is a good thing.
    Myra
    Thank you Myra! I will try though I think my hubby will dominate my evening... Be assured it is not by my choosing. Hope is very often all we have, and don't struggle because 'once the decision is made, the doing is effortless.' I do remember this much. You take care and I will be here for you too, that's what life is all about.:h

Comment

Things I hate about drinking:
      Not being able to respond the way I need to in the middle of the night when something goes wrong.
      Feeling sluggish and dull in the morning.
      Resolving to drink less and then realizing the next day that I did not do so.

Comment

That's how I feel too, Dug... trying to keep promises to myself only to wake up the next day completely destroyed. It's such a letdown. It's easier to be honest with one's self and accept that we are going to drink. That way when we do, we already planned it and we don't feel like a failure.

I'm not lying to myself about today, although earlier this morning I was full of lies. It's NYE... who am I kidding? Tomorrow is the rest of my life... SOBER!

Comment

Diamond, you're in my thoughts and prayers. All we can do is get better together. I'm starting AF tomorrow to.

It's so nice to read such similar stories, and know that I'm not the only one that behaves like that when boozing. I never as a little girl pictured my life so chaotic and out of control. Not exactly the fairy tale I'd hoped for.

Comment

Shikakai;247710 wrote: That's how I feel too, Dug... trying to keep promises to myself only to wake up the next day completely destroyed. It's such a letdown. It's easier to be honest with one's self and accept that we are going to drink. That way when we do, we already planned it and we don't feel like a failure.

I'm not lying to myself about today, although earlier this morning I was full of lies. It's NYE... who am I kidding? Tomorrow is the rest of my life... SOBER!
            That's how I feel about tomight, too, Shikakai. I'm torn because I want to stay sober, but hello, that's what this holliday is based around. That's what I've done every NYE for the past 15 years, the crazier the better. I hope you have a safe evening, and have fun whatever you decide to do. I'll be thinkin about you. Hopefully we can make huge changes together in 08!

Comment

mountainmama;247744 wrote: That's how I feel about tomight, too, Shikakai. I'm torn because I want to stay sober, but hello, that's what this holliday is based around. That's what I've done every NYE for the past 15 years, the crazier the better. I hope you have a safe evening, and have fun whatever you decide to do. I'll be thinkin about you. Hopefully we can make huge changes together in 08!
              Yes, thank you, Mountain. I will be thinking of all of you and if I can just stay off those godawful vodka martinis, I shouldn't get too plastered. That's what messed me up! VODKA MARTINIS are the devil's drink!

I know... the holidays. Eat, drink and don't drive.

Comment

waking past other folk in the supermarket and checking out their 'drinkers' complexions and caking on the make-up so other folk don't look at me the same

self sabotage (just started a course that's costing thousands and haven't even opened a book for last 3 weeks due to drinking every night)

kidding folk on that the three glasses of wine I had in their company has went 'right to my head', making out I hardly drink when I know I've had half a bottle to a bottle while getting reading to go out, - and probably so do they

living a lie, I have done marathons (well one full and quite a few halfs) and folk often ask my advice on fitness issues, if only they knew (weight issues and no enery can go on this one too)

my daughter telling me that I'm only interested in my wine and not her

panicking when driving the next day in case I have a prang with the car and am breathalised

reading these posts and realising that my drinking has not just been out of control the last 3-4weeks but for years and years

very recently, as mentioned above, liver pain and pee that stinks so bad I always spray perfume before I leave the bathroom, nice!
                Honour Thyself

Comment

Emily, I can relate to not reading the coursework. I still haven't read My Way Out; also pretending that I've only had one or two drinks when out with friends/family, knowing I was plastered the second I left the house.

Comment

This is a great thread.....

I hate it took away my passion for fitness. It has made me lazy.
                    I hate my stepsons see me drink every week-end they are with us.
                    I hate all the fear that comes the next day about WHO or WHAT???? Just the crazy forgetting!
                    I hate that I smoke when I drink.
                    I hate all the psychological issues that it has brought on me.......
                    I could go on and on....don't you know?

This may be superficial, but I hate the layer of fat that is on top of my liver.....Dear Lord, I am fat! Yuck.....I don't even look at myself when I'm dressing or trying on clothes! Totally grosses me out. :yuk: I'm only 135 pounds, but it's not pretty to look at anymore.

I hate that I dream about it ALL THE TIME!

Comment

not being able to say no to the 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 20th drink
                      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Even through the self hate and disgust there are a few rays of humour. Thanks Masqurade and Determinator and others for bringing a smile to my worried face... Worried about failing in my determination to be AF today, tomorrow and the next day. . . It helps to see the comedy in our pitiful situations once in a while. I know for a fact that I take myself way to seriously and have forgotten to laugh for days at a time. I can relate to most of all what has been shared about what I hate abou drinking (except making tuna salad and worrying about google earth catching me nekkid).
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy, really happy, and sober 2008 everyone!
                          I am up to 75 mg. Topamax plus everything else. I am looking at my carefully measured 5 oz. glass of wine, and I'd say there's about three oz.s left--though I won't measure it. That's getting a little compulsive. I poured this glass about 2 hours ago. This is truly amazing.
                          Good luck everyone and stay safe.
                          Salem

Comment

Thank you for this thread...I think it's going to keep me sober tonight!!!!
                            This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

1) Waking up every morning with "oh shit" ringing in my ears.
                              2) Waking up at 10:00 AM...on a workday with an hour commute, and too drunk too drive.
                              3) As someone said...the lies. Living a lie, to those you love most.
                              4) Getting text messages and notes from my son about drinking, and not understanding them until the next day.
                              5) Shame, the terrible shame. The tears that go with shame.
                              6) Waking up next to a male acquaintance that managed to get me home (no sex, thank goodness)...and me asking him through blurry eyes if he was Jesus.
                              7) Wondering where the hell your car is and finding it in the neighbors driveway.
                              8) The point of not only being able to but wanting to drink 20 plus beers and blacking out most times.
                              9) Co-workers asking how I got hurt.
                              10) Yes, the drunk dialing.
                              11) Waking up and not recognizing who you are in the mirror.
                              12) And as someone said here, can so relate, putting on the makeup so that you don't look like the other drunks in the store.
                              This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

I've been through almost everything you said, Looking... waking up the next day looking like Manson! Omigod! Almost couldn't SEE my eyes were so blurry!

Lost my car a couple of times. Couldn't remember where I parked it. When I couldn't remember, I would hope it was in its stall and when I saw it was, wanted to SHOUT!

Dear God... it's 8 pm here in Cali!

Comment

Working...
                                X