What I hate about drinking!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shikakai...I wonder all the time how did I get to this place in my life! It's sad we need to be here..but the healing begins, knowing we are not alone.

Additional hate: Having more of an after drinking routine (find keys, make sure you have all your money, make sure car is in driveway, make sure medicine is where it is supposed to be, look for bruises, try to remember, look through phone to see who you called, etc) than having any other normal routine at all!

And oh...those mornings when you think your just going to die.
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

lookingforhope;247997 wrote: Shikakai...I wonder all the time how did I get to this place in my life! It's sad we need to be here..but the healing begins, knowing we are not alone.

Additional hate: Having more of an after drinking routine (find keys, make sure you have all your money, make sure car is in driveway, make sure medicine is where it is supposed to be, look for bruises, try to remember, look through phone to see who you called, etc) than having any other normal routine at all!

And oh...those mornings when you think your just going to die.
      Been there, done that, baby! Checking to see who I called after a binger... glad the log was empty for the night before... seeing that other people had called and wondering if I answered and talked to them... what was said. Dear Jesus.

So many bruises, so many... wondering where they came from. Don't remember bumps or falls... just sad, hon.

Comment

Maybe we can look back one day...and laugh. Not because it happened, but because we made it through.

And sweetie, boy...do I know that feeling of relief when the phone call list is empty from the night before. And when its not, and we don't remember what was said, can just rationalize to the best of our ability.
        This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Okay...day two with no booze. Not too hard so far. Things I hate about drinking:
          1) The expense.
          2) Waking up every morning with alcohol on my breath, on top of that the distinct feeling that a cat may have defecated in my mouth (not really, but that's what it felt like)
          3) Dropping things constantly when drinking. Looking like an ass.
          4) Not having any energy or drive to do the things that always made me happy...running, reading, writing, fixing things, shooting, the list goes on.
          5) Never sleeping well. Always claiming that I needed to drink to get to sleep, then living in a state of constant fatigue for over 1.5 years. Every-single-day.
          6) Fear of exposure for what I was doing.
          7) Always hiding...taking flasks with me on the road so wherever I am I had a supply of whiskey.
          8) Attempting to collect single malts and drinking through every bottle over a weekend. Such a waste.
          9) Waking up on a Saturday morning and drinking screwdrivers instead of getting off my ass.
          10) Vomit in the nasal passages. One of life's worst experiences.
          11) Fear of what daily binge drinking will do to my body in the long term.
          12) The shame of being so weak. That's the one that bothers me the most.

Comment

Day one.
            Got drunk last night, and woke up just in time to ring in the new year. And was happy about it.
            Things I hate about drinking...

passing out
            Blacking out
            pissing myself...so charming.
            letting it control my life...and it is...

Can I quit...I hope so.
            Do I need to quit...abso-fucking-lutely!
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

This is an awesome thread and inspiration today! 4 days sober and it thru New Years Eve!

Number one thing I hate about drinking...Waking up in the morning and for the umpteenth time realize that you passed out before you took the dog out for the night!
              :new:
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

:new: Hi Dexterhead:

I just loved your post and it made me laugh. I just joined today Jan 01, 2008 and I'm scared and freaked out but I have to do so something cuz it just aint working no more!! My cat doesn't drink either - lucky felines. I have holed up with my kitty cat many times. She loves it but I come away feeling awful about myself. I am really hoping this works for me because I can feel the downward spiral starting to pick up.

Any suggestions for a newbie?

KittyRanch

Comment

Mike with a dream;244809 wrote: 1. Putting the bottles in the trash, instead of the recycle bin, because you don't want your neighbors to know how much you drink.
                  I actually separate my garbage into one bag for booze bottles, one for identifying info and then others for other recyclables. I'm so afraid of combining the booze bottles with anything that might identify me as the one who has THAT many booze bottles in her garbage. You never know what dumpster diver might discover this! Sheesh.

Comment

Pink, really funny... I used to sneak my bottles into other people's trash bins... at night. Now that is truly pathetic.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Welcome Kitty! (Sorry that was what I meant to say when I got sidetracked by Pink's booze-bottle escapade.)

The best advice is to get the book and the supplements and follow the programme and log in here whenever you feel like drinking so you keep your hands and head busy with something other than alcohol.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

What I hate about drinking:

1. Feeling incapable to stop, although I know the decision is down to me
                        2. Losing intimacy with my husband ..... "can't kiss him, he will know I've had booze!"
                        3. Losing time with my family, too hungover to do things
                        4. The lost time - my god, where did the time go, what did I say, oh god!
                        5. The fact my kids deserve a better parent

Fingers crossed for 2008.
                        K, x

Comment

Calling people and not remembering what was said (or even that I made the call). Texting people and reading it in the morning - full of misspellings, garbled sentences and absolute nonsense. Also, becoming a MEAN person - not what I am!

Comment

:welcome: Welcome Skygal! You have found a GREAT place!!!! Please keep posting.
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

What I hate:

Waking up in the morning knowing I hate a fight with my boyfriend the night before but having no recolection of what the fight was about....

The unidentified drunken bruises.....

The day I woke up at 4am with blood all over the pillow and a cracked open skull - no recollection of how I did it - had to go to the hospital and have my ex pick up my daughter...

Of course the drunk dialing and all the rest of the above.......

Great thread Dex........
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Have'nt posted on this one in awhile, I love it. Among many other things I hate about drinking, I was remined New Years day hugging the porcelain god what a waste an evening of overendulgence is for a day of feeling like death warmed over.

Comment

Working...
                                X