What I hate about drinking!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. reading Barry's amazing post this story, then observing, to my surprise, that I posted a response last night ... oh f--- ...... please let me get this beast off my back
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I hate my fat ass.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Me TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You hate my fat ass? That's not nice; you haven't even seen it.

Comment

:H LOL! I realized after I wrote that that I hadn't really phrased it right.

Comment

hi there dexter. rock bottom for me was to lose everything.to wake up and see myself laying in bed. and thinking hey am i dead. this was my awaking. that day i walk around foggy for a while. and i know i had to make the change.and it had to be for myself no one else. and from that day on i have stay sober / and there is a longer story to me but for now hope this helps.
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My son telling me he's proud of me for not drinking....and then blowing it, and realizing the pain it is causing him and not being able to turn back the clock. :upset:
                This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Hi all,
                  I have been away but hovering !!!! Green Eyes - I feel a connection. My name is Evergreen which I picked because my eyes are green . .. and it is my favorite color. I think that everyone thought that I was ecologically responsible. I also read that Hilary Clinton's secret service code name was Evergreen - ugh. Not me! I am trying to get back on track but not doing so well(.

Things I hate about drinking - too many to count but currently not outnumbering things that I like. Actually probably outnumbering but not outweighing . . sigh!! The worst is sleep deprivation.

At any rate. I love you guys and are everawed by what I read. You all give me hope!! Hope that I have the strength to slay this beast!!!

Evergreen

Comment

dcline;236125 wrote: 11. Seeing what a bad role model you are setting for your children.
                    12. Forgetting sex!
                    Forgetting sex is the worst!

Comment

skygal12;248937 wrote: Calling people and not remembering what was said (or even that I made the call). Texting people and reading it in the morning - full of misspellings, garbled sentences and absolute nonsense. Also, becoming a MEAN person - not what I am!
                      ohh, I hate this one too. I hate this one a lot.

Comment

I have thought of a few to add to the ongoing list
                        *verbal excess. The running monologue of a happily intoxicated person. You feel warm and fuzzy to everyone and you want to tell them the most private of information. You want the connection. and of course you don't remember but they will.
                        *drink taint. hobbies that you once liked to do before you drank are now incorporated into your drinking life and if i'm not drinking i no longer want to do that hobbie b/c it is now associated with drinking. I used to write. then i started writing when i drank and drank and now i feel dirty when i think about writing. Thank goodness i don't drink and draw. anyhow that turned out longer than originally planned

Comment

My favorite thing my sister does is say the same thing like a hundred times....but it gets alittle more exaggerated as the night goes on!!!!

Comment

Wow, this is a great thread! I see a lot of things I can relate to. It makes me so sad that other people have gone thru these same things I have. Experiencing my loneliness, shame and depression.
                            Here are the things I hate about drinking.
                            - hiding vodka bottles in my closet
                            - saving up those bottles to throw out on trash day and imagining what the trash men must think of me
                            - getting wasted "secretly" thinking no one notices, and not remembering my behavior
                            - getting cold sweats in the middle of the night, and only being able to go back to sleep after I take a few sips of vodka
                            - drinking before I eat breakfast, so I can get a better buzz
                            - throwing up and feeling like I just wasted alcohol
                            - continuing to drink after I throw up
                            - the fierce temper that comes out when someone accuses me of being drunk
                            - hangovers!!
                            - the way my brother looks at me when he knows I have been drinking
                            - sleeping with men that I would ordinarily NEVER get physical with sober

wow, that's it for now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Down2: thanks for being so honest. beautiful post .. I am also guilty of most of that

Comment

the thing i hate about drinking is the mean things i have said to peolpe and coming too in the early hours of the morning and that fear gripping your heart and thinking what have i siad/ done and your partner gone . Not good .

Comment

Working...
                                X