Newbies in need ODAT - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't help myself. I have to be up early and I have to get my fix so I am going to start the thread again!! Hope you all had a great Saturday and your plans for Sunday are set for your AF or mod decision.

Started writing my chrimble cards last night. Used to open a bottle of wine to help me through them and lose motivation for the cards about half way down the bottle. Never used to have a problem with motivation for opening the second bottle though! My handwriting after the first bottle was nearly unreadable - over the years I wonder how many people have got cards from me and wondered who the hell it was from!!?

I'm back out in the barn conversion to slap some more magnolia around. It's the ceilings I hate - a magnolia emulsion shower in a cold empty building is not really one of life's finest pleasures. Still, there will be no bottle of wine as a reward tonight. I can already feel the warm glow from staying sober, cooking a nice supper, having a hot bath, the electric blanket on in bed and tucking up with a book (there may, if I really can't help myself, be another tub of B&Js but I'll deal with that addiction when I have beaten this one!!!)

Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and successful Sunday.

Much love. Bessie xx

Hi Bessie,
    You are making me feel lazy with all your energy.
    I have loads of painting to do Just can't decide on colours as yet though!
    Of to dinner lunchtime for 50TH birthday party will be scary ,but hope to remain drunk free if not AF.
    It is starting to feel less of an ordeal to go out now, I think this beast is starting to be housetrained I hope!

Know what you mean about B& Js mine are constant packets os jelly bellies. oh no!
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Good luck with the 50th. I try to make sure I am responsible for taking lots of pictures for people who don't bring their cameras - that way I have to stay relatively sober so that I can do it. Don't want to have to tell people I didn't take the pics I promised cos I was too drunk!! And a big jug of water within reach, a pint of it beside the wine glass. Help out if somebody is doing food serving etc. Keep moving around and leave the drink in one place. Standing with it in my hand is a sure fire way of making sure it goes down my neck faster than I would like! Only talk to interesting people if at all possible! Boring ones make me want to get drunk!

When the beast is fully housetrained make sure it learns how to sit, stay in it's bed and always walk to heel!! You are the top dog!!

We can wean ourselves off the B&Js and JBs later.......!!

B x

Comment

hi

well, it is Sunday, and plan w/ buddies to go AF again..................got my tattoo yesterday (WOW, drew a large one and was 5 hours in the chair!!) It is BEAUTIFUL though, a unicorn, I will send pics once it it done pealing, had my other one touched up, it is purple instead of skin toned, so will change my AVATAR as soon as that is healed too (thanks Maxman, for the idea, I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now,new addiction? who knows!??!)
        It is georgeous here today, will take the kids to see Phillip Pulman''s Golden Compass today, read all the trilogy and it was AWESOME, heard the movie isn't as good, but are they ever??

Have a good day everyone, thanks for starting the thread Bessie, btw, are you giong riding today AND where do you get all your energy!??!!

love you guys!!!!:h :h

MA:l
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

No, dammit! It would have been a lovely morning to go out as well. Got so much to do that my riding is the thing that suffers. I manage - just - two full days a week hunting (plus cleaning tack, horse and clothes, plaiting etc etc) but am struggling to ride in between those days. Energy comes from just having soooo much to do - spend 50% of my time on my own as hubby works away - and if I don't get things done, nobody else will do it!

Really looking forward to seeing the new tattoo!

bessie x

Comment

Good morning all.
            Thanks for starting the thread this morning Bessie, as always.
            Eastender, one thing I've done in the past when attending big bashes is I make sure I eat first, have dessert even..........a pint of B&J should do it..heheheheh, but truly it stops or slows any consumption. Try it.
            Well, I went out with the parents last night. 4 of us shared a bottle so you can imagine how much I had. I got up this morning and went for a jog on the beach. Couldn't believe my stamina! Although I'm not sure I could tackle a barn! Must be the supplements and slowed consumption giving me energy. It felt great.
            Sunday is a lazy day usually. Might go see a movie.
            Have a great day

Comment

awesome movie

We just got back from the Golden Compass, great movie, but can NEVER match the books, they are REALLY out there, the movie was semi-sane....................

Hope you all are doing well, am going out for a ride around 3 or so................will check in later....................LOVE YOU!!!!!!

MA:h :l
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Everyone: We had a party yesterday...mostly family w/loads of kids running around. It wasn't too much of a challenge to stay abs, especially since no alcohol was served. Nonetheless, we had a wonderful time & best of all, no headache today. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Hey Bessie,
                  Just read what you wrote on another thread titled Teeeennagers! Very funny! I think that must have crossed the pond because I know I've seen it before. I showed it to my son, he didn't think it was funny, although I thought it was hysterical! My mom use to say stuff like that.......at the dinner table she'd say" due to cut backs we're going to have to let one of you go".
                  Good for you uplifting the mood.

Comment

FinallyRN;236959 wrote: Hey Bessie,
                    Just read what you wrote on another thread titled Teeeennagers! ( see below ) Very funny! I think that must have crossed the pond because I know I've seen it before. I showed it to my son, he didn't think it was funny, although I thought it was hysterical! My mom use to say stuff like that.......at the dinner table she'd say" due to cut backs we're going to have to let one of you go".
                    Good for you uplifting the mood.
                    Teenagers!
                    Are you tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?
                    Act now.
                    Move out, get a job and pay your own bills - while you still know everything.

(John Hinde)
                    :H

Comment

FinallyRN;236959 wrote: Hey Bessie,
                      My mom use to say stuff like that.......at the dinner table she'd say" due to cut backs we're going to have to let one of you go".
                      I love your mum's sense of humour! :H

Comment

Working...
                      X