Not AF but getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it has been over 2 weeks now since I have been drunk. Made the decision then to change my life around and have kept at it despite some pretty stressful moments. Just spent the last 72 hours AF and was amazed I didn't feel worse. I had cut down to only 2 or 3 drinks in a night and have been taking my vitamins. Stayed pretty busy and had the girlfriends support which really helped. Having a drink while watching football tonight then gonna try 4 or more days AF.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the support from this site. I did go talk to my doc and he gave me something for withdrawal if I needed it but so far it hasn't been necessary. I really recommend talking with your Dr. if you haven't already. Mine was so supportive and totally non-judgemental.

Thanks again to everyone for their support!!!!

good for you St Paul!!! You are inspiring .. I think soon I will join you in changing my life.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Good for you!! Stay with us and keep posting!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

That's absolutely brilliant, well done. I am really pleased your doc was supportive - lots of us don't want to approach a Dr at first but it can make things so much easier to have that support.

Kepp it up.

Cashy
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Good for you going to your doc. I haven't done that - but sounds like you are getting a lot of help in the real world (as well as this in one!) Really wish you well for more and more success! You sound very positive.

B x

Comment

Hi stpaul and welcome.
            Great to hear how well you`ve been doing.........keep up the good work!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

:welcome: Well done stpaul keep up the good work

Sweetpea -x-
              :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Hi Stpaul,
                So glad to read your post, well done you should be please with yourself.
                Keep on going!!!!

Love
                Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

:welcome:

Great start! Stick around and keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
                  X