Are you sitting down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sitting down?

Your post really made me smile. You sound so much more positive - really good to read it!
    Keep going and good luck with the specs and the car.

Bess xx

Comment

Are you sitting down?

Good for you Pink, that is great!!!!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Are you sitting down?

pinkpeppercorns;237707 wrote: OMG, I truly thought I was the only one!
        Pink I thought I was the only one as well, but talking to my close friends and family as well as reading the boards here, I realized that I am not alone. I've actually never confessed to the tooth brushing thing before but I thought that I should suck it up and chare it with you because I thought you would find it helpful.

Working out of depression is a slow process, and you actually want it to be that way so the positive changes stick. I tried to ruch out of it earlier and all I did was mask over the depression and eventually that mask fell off. You're making progress and should write these steps down so when that downer voice in your head starts blabbing at you again, you have something positive to look at!

-lorelei
        Suddenly I see
        This is what I want to be
        suddenly I see
        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Are you sitting down?

Pinkpeppercorns, Hi .........

This site has got so busy that we've never met, and for that I am sorry ..........

I suffered from depression and can so understand ....... I was was scared of brushing my teeth and washing my hair for a year .......... doing either caused a panic attack!!!! and I am a VERY vain person .........

Keep winning love,

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Are you sitting down?

good for you Pink. Haven't washed my kitchen floor in 2 months, and when I do cook, I spill a lot. Also just changed my two litter boxes (5 cats) for the first time in two weeks. Talk about eeewwww. I actually had to buy new boxes. Feel back for the guys that pick up the trash.

Lorelei, how true about working out of depression being a long process. Can't tell you how many times my mask fell off. Thank you.

Comment

Are you sitting down?

Pink,

Now you're fresh as a daisy....just like your avatar! I've suffered from depression my whole life so I get what you're saying. Luckily I have a full time housekeeper or I'd be in deep trouble! Depression makes us lazy and other people almost always just don't get it....ya know?

I'm sooo happy for you right now : )

Myheart
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

Are you sitting down?

Pink,

Sounds as though you're making fantastic inroads. CONGRATULATIONS!

-HopefulNow
                Taking it all in

Comment

Are you sitting down?

I have been depressed on and off my whole life. It was never actually diagnosed until I turned 40. I received treatment. Told my doctor I wanted to be a poster child for Prozac, that's how much it helped me. Anyway, its something I'll be dealing with for the rest of my life. I often wonder which came first, the depression causing my drinking or drinking causing my depression. Either way you look at it, the drinking doesn't help.
                  Good luck. It is a long process, but it sounds like you've started your journey.
                  And to all of you who didn't brush your teeth for a month................I wouldn't bathe for days

Comment

Working...
                  X