Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas

By the way, will anyone else be alone for Christmas. That's sure a tough day for me to get through.

Christmas

PinkP, is there a friend who'd be thrilled to include you in a gathering? I'll bet there is, if you think about it. We're including a recently-widowed older friend, childless, no family nearby, in our Christmas Eve luncheon, and believe me WE'LL be the winners---turns out she had a German mother who taught her how to make those wonderful yeasty sweet breads, which she has promised to bring. So call some pals and drop the hint!!! I think people love to feel needed, so don't let your pride get in the way. There's no shame in confessing, "I'm lonely!" and what a gift it is to let others show their grace, sometimes.
    Jane Jane

Comment

Christmas

hi Peppercorns

where do you live?By the way,Hi!I am Rebecca and iam new here !i I have been figuring this whole forum thing out over the last week and have read some of your posts.I have been really trying hard to send positive energy and thoughts your way and hoping that you are doing ok.What state are you in?Do you have any friends that are celebrating or any family nearby?I live near Seattle,I'd love to have you ,although you'd have to deal w/ 2 little boys and a 12 wk old puppy who would jump on you and bite holes in your clothes:H !MAybe we can have a little Christmas party online here sometime dutring the day?i hope you are feeling a little better today:l
      :lRebecca

Comment

Christmas

Absolutely! Even ask to be invited....just about everybody would just feel so awful if they discovered you'd been on your own...it's just that most people 'presume' (presumption is the mother of all f. ups) that no-one is on their own at Yule....

Some years I have thought about helping out at 'Crisis for Christmas'....for those acutally on the street otherwise.....

I hope you find a happy soft place for the day.... I thought I'd be like you but my aunt has 'rescued' me....

I ma sure there'll be a great MWO party going on...I certainly intend checking in - there are some VERY important people to 'see' that day: EVERYONE! Including you!

Love FMS x
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Christmas

checking my signature
          :lRebecca

Comment

Christmas

I am spending christmas by myself but it's my choice. will gather with family this coming weekend, and then I am going to spend christmas by myself upstate in nature, so I won't be alone, trees are good company and they don't drink
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Christmas

Hey pinkie. I am not alone, but my hubby will be working X-mas day. I plan on watching some smaltzy stuff on tv. It is hard but it really is just another day. I agree w/all the rest that if u simply mention u are alone (do u work) you will definitely get invites. I would invite you, but I won't cook, hubby does that.:H

Comment

Christmas

Isn't it funny, so many of us dreading the day alone, and so many of us dreading the day together with family? (I would be in the latter category). Oh, but how hard it is to be sober in either circumstance.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                X