Somethings working!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somethings working!!!

When I got home from work last night it was dark,cold and my partner as normal was irritating me! so I shut myself in the kitchen and thought, forget it! I not going to take the supps I am going to leave it until after Christmas.

I poured myself a glass of wine drank it. I didn't enjoy it as much a I use to, then found myself thinking Christmas is one week out of a year, even then I will be spending a lot of time with my brother and his wife who are over from abroad for Chrismas and who are on a special diet (been trying for a baby for 9 yrs) and cant drink alcholhol. Unfortunately it still didn't stop me drinking more but I did take the supps and will try again tonight.

Just thought I would post this incase anyone else was thinking of a Xmas break - its not worth it!!

Happy Christmas
    Sandie
    X

Somethings working!!!

Hi Sandie.........welcome.....you are getting this thing figured out! Congratulations on being so honest with yourself. I think many of us will agree that when we first decide to stop drinking....we slip up a couple of times, just to prove how badly we do drink!

We can always find a "Reason=Excuse" for drinking if we want to drink. We drink because we are stressed out, we drink because we are celebrating, we drink because we are annoyed with somone, we drink to enhance a romantic evening.......it goes on and on. the point is.....we are here for all the reasons that we want and need to stop drinking!

Wishing you much success and happiness on your journey!!
    KateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Somethings working!!!

Thanks Katie

Always nice to get a reply even when you are not really expecting one. it is 9.50 pm here and I haven't had a drink and haven't really wanted one, my partner has just said he fancies a drink and I thought I dont hee hee it feels good, hope it lasts. :thanks:
      Sandie
      X

Comment

Somethings working!!!

Nice going, Sandie! Keep up the good work.

-HopefulNow
        Taking it all in

Comment

Somethings working!!!

Sandie, thanks for your honesty. I was just confessing on ODAT Tues that I went on a real binge last night. I'm so mad at myself because I wasn't even craving alcohol......so why?
          Not because of stress, or happy, or celebration............I don't get it.
          Anyway, just like you day one starts today.

Comment

Working...
          X