Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning everyone

My cold is much better so things are looking up. Have been AF the last two days. The only reason I was able to stop at half a glass at the week-end
    was because I was driving. I know that if I had the wine at home I would not be able to stop so I am being extra vigalent.

Delighted things are going better for you Cowgirl, you deserve it. Big hugs Paula, we are all there for you.

Welcome Dexterhead, join us any time. Resolute, good luck on the road, check in if you get a chance. Congratulations on a week AF time2change, those days do mount up. Hope all works out well for your niece Finallyrn.

Mary, Cindi, Universal, Suzanna, Bessie and anyone else I missed have a great AF/mod Tuesday.

Rustop

Cold, cold here, more snow on Thursday. Thanks Rust for starting this thread. Have to keep remembering ODAT, the closer it gets to the 25th the harder it gets for me.

Congratulations for everyone AF. Have a great day all.

Comment

Hi rustop, suki and everyone else to come!

Glad to hear your cold is much better now rustop, nothing like having a cold on xmas day.
      Suki wrap up warm you poor thing i can't stand the cold. like i said the other day i felt like frosty the snowman needed to be defrosted. When i took my son to that skateboard park.
      I was 2days AF but had a bottle of wine and some baileys last night, my plan is not going right i said to myself i would drink only on weekends and not during the week. BUT doing the opposite I do seem to myself at time like this!
      cowgal i'm glad thinks are going well for you.

Wishing you ALL a Gr8 AFday tuesday.

Take it easy everyone.x
      Love
      TEardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

rustop
        thanks for starting us off this morning. You do such a good job rememberiing everyone and their situation. Stay stroung today and set a goal. You eill feel stronger the more goals you reach. I am still doing well and hope to keep going (day 8) but I know how hard this is and has been. To all who folloow today I wish you all luck reaching your goals as well. Off to work and I will check in later.

Comment

Morning Rustop, Suki, Teardrop, Time2 and all to follow:

Rustop, thanks for the eyeopener and kudos to you for being extra vigalent..you tested the waters...
          Suki - get out the big stick if you have to...anything to keep old AL away!
          Teardrop, you had 2 days under your belt, remember how good it felt going forward.
          Time2, Day 8, and yes it is hard, but you are doing it ODAT.....Congrats to you
          I am making sure I keep the picture in my head of what brought me here, and how I felt when I hit the bottom of the barrel. Don't want to go back there again....
          Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Damn! Its 05:30 in the morning. I was hoping to start the thread!! Oh well. Don't have much of a chance with the time difference I guess.

Had a good Monday. Day 2. Have to get ready for work but wanted to check in and say thanks to all and their well wishes. I'll be checking in later

Comment

Hi everyone - Day 2 for me today as well. Had a good sleep last night and although I am feeling a little foggy from the supps and topa I am still feeling pretty darn good. Plan on having a good AF day again today. ODAT.

Hope everyone has a great day today and I'll check in again later!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm back. Managed a day or two AF last week, and was real good on Saturday and Sunday, but yesterday was a disaster. My husband got out of bed in the middle of the night (he never does this) to sleep in the guestroom, because I was talking in my sleep and thrashing about. When I called him back to bed, he came but also said with a deep, deep sigh, "This is so depressing." My happy, sunny husband -- what am I doing to him that I'm not already doing to myself?

I so desperately want to stop drinking. I feel I am fighting for my life. This year is my husband's and my 20th year together. He wants to celebrate AF all year long. Isn't that something to look forward to and be happy about. Isn't it enough?

I have no choice but to keep on trying. Today is a new one. Today I have to be AF.

Thanks for letting me post to this thread. I only know one day at a time.
                Sante

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                  Glad you are feeling better Rustop.Joining up with you again my day 2 AF today as well.
                  Suki I keep telling myself Xmas is only 2 days so what will be, will be! Just concentrate on today thats hard enough at this time of year.
                  Teardrop we meet again! x
                  Time 2 change Hi. Day 8 you must be so proud,Keep going!
                  Charlee. Hmmmm........I am just hanging on for dear life on the lid of that barrel !:flush:
                  Finally RN. Universal & Tkeene Just to say Hi, and yes AF feels great.
                  Sante. I have the problem of shouting in my sleep and my poor hubby has almost broken bones falling out of bed, That and snoring, Moans like hell about it but still around after 27 years, They are more resillient than we think they are.

Have a great day

Eastx
                  In life we can live out our dreams its true
                  the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Sante

Sante, you can do this, we are all battling w/ it, I still just get like 2-3 days then something triggers me again, I hate it, BUT we will always be here for you!

Universal, I AGREE TOTALLY, good night sleep is sooooooooo worth going AF, the only way I can seem to do it! And it feels sooo good waking up in the morning! Topa made me foggy, had to stop, but started Campral, can't feel a difference yet though.............

Tkeen, ADORABLE dogs BTW, I am just an animal lover, and they are sweet looking, are they yours!??

I have a Chocolate lab.............sweet, but dumb as a doornail!!:H

Talk to you all later...............I have a really quiet day, leaving early to go have an awesome workout at the gym(want to get as many in as possible to strengthen the tendons around this knee pre-surgery:fingers: Hopefully it will help!)

Love:h and hugs!!!!!

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

love em

Always wanted and Australian Shepard, they are soooooooooo smart and great w/ horses!!!

They are both beautiful!

Thanks for sharing that w/ me!!

love ya. good to feel good, now if I could get out of my office for the rest of the day, that would be a blessing!!:H

THAT will never happen!!!!

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi all

Laughed out loud at Finally RN - did you get up at 5.30am just to start the thread?! Bless. You'll have to move to another time zone. Or start it the night before!

Have to say I'm feeling a bit like Suki - it's getting harder as the holiday season approaches. I have got a barrel full of things to get done before going away on Thursday and it's bearing down on me a bit. Still, even though I am not managing AF really at all at the moment I do still feel a lot more in control than I did before I came here.

Glad you're over the cold now Rustop - not a good thing to have at this time of year. Not so very cold here - about 4 degrees C - not warm I know but no wind chill.

Sante - you will do it. Really. This is the best place to help you succeed. And don't thank anyone for letting you post here - it what it's for. I am certain I speak for everyone else when I say you are very welcome, in fact we INSIST you post on here daily and let us know how you are getting on - everyone has something supportive and valuable to say.

bessie. x

Comment

Hi Odaters: I'm late getting here today. Hit a few snags w/grandmotherly duties today. Good luck all. I'm w/you in spirit. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X