Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Thanks everyone...I downloaded the book and am reading...I talked to my husband about this site and shared with him last night and he told me he is here and wanted me to do what I needed to do for once and I liked that. I just feel so pressured with the outside telling me that the only way to get sober is AA I just don't feel it. I haven't drank in 4 weeks and have been taking Topamax since then as prescribed by a Psych doc at 100mg twice daily...seems to be working...no desire probably for a week now. Relief in so many ways. Still tons of anxiety about the mess I caused and panic ect you know I am in the spin cycle of the washer machine..make any sense... Any how I will continue to come and read and share and support if possible so glad to have found you all. Thank you.

GG

Thanks

good for you

You are doing great Godsgirl!! WOW 4 weeks, I think that is cool, and yeah, AA doesn't work for me either, I just kinda use it as a socializing time, the program is tough though, I cannot get it..................I think MWO will work for you, you are on your way!!!!:h :goodjob:

lots of love and hugs here,

MA:h :l
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Thanks

I am so glad your husband is supporting you. That is so important. And I'm glad the topamax seems to be helping.

I haven't met you before, but let me say welcome to MWO. I think you will find lots of help and support here too. Please keep reading and posting. I'm glad you found us. Nice to meet you.

:welcome:
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks

GodsGirl;242727 wrote: Thanks everyone...I downloaded the book and am reading...I talked to my husband about this site and shared with him last night and he told me he is here and wanted me to do what I needed to do for once and I liked that. I just feel so pressured with the outside telling me that the only way to get sober is AA I just don't feel it. I haven't drank in 4 weeks and have been taking Topamax since then as prescribed by a Psych doc at 100mg twice daily...seems to be working...no desire probably for a week now. Relief in so many ways. Still tons of anxiety about the mess I caused and panic ect you know I am in the spin cycle of the washer machine..make any sense... Any how I will continue to come and read and share and support if possible so glad to have found you all. Thank you.

GG
        The spin cycle? LOL!

God, that's how I feel sometimes? When does it STOP?

Anyway, glad you're doing better. AA wasn't for me either... I didn't have to go to realize that.

Just the whole "My name is..." yea, not for me.

Stay strong.

Comment

Working...
        X