OK I just started and already messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 sober and last night b/c DH had to work late i bought a bottle, drank, cooked dinner, wrapped presents with my son and then fought with DH - he is on to me which he probably has been for a long time but this is the first time he said anything. Just bought the download version on the book, i'm kind of afraid to tell DH b/c you know the whole thing i need to quit and then they say good and you never do he will probably just think she is just saying that again.
    What do I tell him to believe me I need help

This is a familiar scenario, mya---oh, yes, I've been there/done that! Probably best not to talk too much about it, or make too many promises---just let actions speak for themselves.
    Jane Jane

Comment

Mya, I understand so well what you are saying...I know the scenario well. I am new to this site too and hoping for success. There is nothing you can say. Trust will only come with time and actions. I think that is the worst thing I gave to alcohol was the trust of my husband it hurts to the core the look that he gives me when I tell him that I have or am going to do something and I see that "Yeah sure whatever" look in his eyes...Hang in there and come for help...we can help each other.

GG

Comment

Mya

I've been there/done that too................mine just likes when I drink (which is worse)until I get bad........then he wants me to stop, BUT................he won't!! I wouldn't promise too much to too many people right now, esp w/ holidays approaching, maybe make it a New Year's Resolution,lots of people do that!??

My husband thinks this is a cult and a dangerous place to be, BUT he stands behind me sometimes while I type(last night I decided I am not posting from home anymore, not safe, ok, nobody will worry, they hear and see enough of me in the daytime .............probably totally sick of my shit by now:H :H !!!

Anyway, it is a tough nut to crack, just stick around and hopefully things will get better, they have for me

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

yep I agree with Jane. that is what I have done. like they say around here ODAT. one day at a time.
          the guilt from failure is not good for your soul. take it one step at a time.
          it has taken me almost a year to achieve my goal.
          good luck
          Trix
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

cowgal;242802 wrote: I've been there/done that too................mine just likes when I drink (which is worse)until I get bad........then he wants me to stop, BUT................he won't!! I wouldn't promise too much to too many people right now, esp w/ holidays approaching, maybe make it a New Year's Resolution,lots of people do that!??

My husband thinks this is a cult and a dangerous place to be, BUT he stands behind me sometimes while I type(last night I decided I am not posting from home anymore, not safe, ok, nobody will worry, they hear and see enough of me in the daytime .............probably totally sick of my shit by now:H :H !!!

Anyway, it is a tough nut to crack, just stick around and hopefully things will get better, they have for me

MA
            don't mean to change the subject around here, but why does your H think it's dangerous around here?

Comment

he's just paranoid??

I think he is just paranoid, says "big brother" can see everything , and I say too much about myself(which I probably do, but I am VERY open....................what can I say???) Need guidance in that department

MA:h
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

there is nothing but love in it's purest form and compassion around here.

Comment

:welcome: mya & GodsGirl!

I wanted to welcome you both here to MWO!

Comment

I wanted to welcome you too also..

Comment

Working...
                    X