Just joined MWO ... a start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help, focus and education to move me from being the alchohlic that I am today to the person I want to be in the future. I need to do this for my health and for my son. I fear that I have lost his respect. So, I start a new chapter with this online community. I read some of the posts and it definitely looks very warm - a lot warmer than my Canadian winter. Glad to meet you all and I look forward to sharing. :new:

Welcome 123runner. Coming here is a great start! We welcome you and am glad to get the opportunity to talk w/u. :welcome:

Comment

Welcome 123,

You have come to the right place. I am on my last "first AF day" tomorrow will be my last 2nd and so on. Canada is one of my favorite places - but not in the winter! Stay warm and good luck. Do you have the book, tapes and supplements yet? They help.

Comment

welcome 123. It's good to have you here. Please read the posts, post as much as you need to, and ask for input whenever you have to. Lots of good people on this site and as you say much warmer than a Canadian winter.

Comment

Welcome 1231!!!

looking forward to seeing you around.

IMO, I'm hoping my kids learn to do 'what ever it takes'. You are setting a great example by working on a very tough problem. Keep it up and see it through and you will be teaching or even showing your kids the wisdom it takes to succeed in life. Whatever life throws your way, you figure out how to handle it and don't be afraid to admit that you don't have all the answers up front and don't be afraid to ask for help. Those are some traits worthy of respect and it sounds like you've get them.

Take care and keep coming back

-d

Comment

12 thanks for the quick note and support.

Comment

:welcome: 123runner!

Glad you found us!

Comment

Hello!

123runner :welcome: consider your son as your "higher power", meaning the thoughts of him to aid in recovery. Here is a place to talk about the effects of using on our lives. My higher powers are my husband and 2 sons and being sober is a gift money cannot buy.

Luv and wellness to you....

Ripple~

Comment

Hi 123 and welcome

You have come to a great place. Read, read and join in there is a huge amount of support here for you.

Rustop

Comment

Glad you found us 123. Great place, great people who want to help, lots of support.

Like Rustop said, keep reading and post when you want.
                    :welcome:
                    Suki

Comment

Welcome 123runner, You've come to a truly amazing place. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck!
                      Rob
                      Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

Welcome to the gang runner - Yep - truly an amazing place, with amazing people!

This place has totally turned my life around - I hope we can all help you get where you want to go.

It was hearing myself lying about my drinking to my 12 year old son that brought me here - your family are so worth the effort.

Good Luck

Love

Satori

xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                        X