First time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here

My first time here. Its my 4th day and I feel scared but good.

I'm looking forward to:
    -being a role model for my kids.
    -remembering what they told me last night.
    -getting up unafraid that I did or said something that would embarrass me or my family.
    -getting healthy.
    -not hiding what I do.
    -concentrating and focusing at work.
    -losing the alcohol bloat.
    -enjoying the moment without thinking about my next drink.
    -having steady hands.
    -feeling deserving when I pray.

I check every day to see what you have to say. God bless you all in this very difficult time of year. You are helping me to stay strong.

First time here

God bless you and yours as well, I have been a member since July and only recently started posting. I second your goals. I have no children but I'm sure my nieces and newphew take notice when I see them. All the strength to you at this difficult time of year as well. I had been doing fairly well but it became harder around Thanksgiving when old habits begain to creep back. Use all resoures available to you, keep reading and posting and never give up.

Comment

First time here

Welcome Signature and those are great things to look forward too!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

First time here

Welcome Signature and good luck.

Comment

First time here

Welcome Signature: good post! I want those things as well, although don't have kids. happy holidays.
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

First time here

Hi and :welcome: Signature,
            I go along with everything you say in your wonderful list!
            You are doing great congratulations on your days so far you must be so proud!
            Keep going! You will have great support here!

Eastx
            In life we can live out our dreams its true
            the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

First time here

That's a great list of reasons Signature. I hope you will continue to keep us updated on how well you are doing.

Nice to have you here as well Kathy! :welcome:
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

First time here

Reply Time

Signature, U stole my list!!!

LR
                Long Road
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

First time here

Signature,

I check in everyday also. Sometimes it reminds me just why I am not drinking, sometimes just to read from some truly inspiring people that post. I don’t always post but my last login times never get much longer than 24 hours. It does really help.

I Wish you all the best, its always going to be a tough time of the year but look at it this way – if you can do it now then you have the strength to do it anytime!

Comment

First time here

:welcome: Signature

That list of yours really says it all, doesn't it? Lots of great reasons for you to stay here and keep reading every day and hopefully keep posting. We would love to hear more from you. Welcome to our family.
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

First time here

Just starting, need advice

:h

I'm new, too and trying to find my way around this website as well as my way out. Took first dose of naltroxene yesterday, hoping to meet your goals, as well, after 35 years of too much wine time. My usual 8 glasses of wine turned into 2 instead . . . restless night, however, because I usually pass out. Very stiff neck and shoulders but worth it if I can hold onto the hope that I am on the right path. Thank you for sharing your experience. You are helping me. Do you have any advice for me?

Comment

First time here

Welcome to MWO Hope Emily

I am glad you found us and that you are here. I would suggest that you start a new thread of your own introducing yourself and you will get more replies. I have never taken Naltrexone so can't give you any advice there, but there is a whole forum here devoted to medications so you might want to check out the information there for some advice.

If you keep reading all the information here, you will find that there are physical symptoms related to alcohol withdrawl and it is best just to maintain good hydration, take the supplements advised in RJ's book and stick it out. It doesn't last that long. Sleep problems are common. But getting through the transition phase of sobriety is well worth it in the long run.

I am getting ahead of myself here. It is always one day at a time -ODAT.

Welcome to MWO. I think you will find this is a place of real friendship and support. Please keep reading and posting.
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                        X