Newbies in Need ODAT - Sat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I just wanted to let the real newbies know that the cravings & urges really do abate w/time. I don't ever go into a liquor store. There is a supermarket I sometimes go to that has a wine/beer aisle, but I keep my eyes averted. Also, there are no open wine or liquor bottles in my home. All this really helps in the beginning. I feel that I'm in the beginning stages of sobriety. I do have 70+ AF days, but I know from reading & from experience that a relapse can occur even after a long time. I'm always on my guard. Good luck everyone regardless of where you are at in your journey & what your goal is (mod or abs). Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Thanks for starting the thread and thanks for the words of wisdom. I went out with my husband last night for dinner. Had some wine but no abuse I'm happy to say. I'm always on my guard because it can always start a binge. Wishing all a great holiday. I'm optimistic about the future

Comment

Seems all the newbies have bveen missing in action the past few days. I guess all are busy with the holidays. i am very concerned about relapsing after 12 days. I want to continue on, but the stress of the holidays and family are becoming alot to handle. I hope everyone else is felling strong and sticking to their comittments.
      best of Luck to all of you.

Comment

Hi ODATers and happy Saturday. I wanted to check in to say that while I am not doing as well as I would want to, I don't want to bring everybody down, so that's why I miss days posting on the ODAT thread. I want to be as positive as I can be, and I really believe in you guys!! I admire you all no matter what stage you are at. Checking in every day promise whether posting or not. :l
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hi all
          Saturday night here and these holidays are plum tuckering me out!!!!
          Mary and RN you sound well. I too have many conversations with myself, making sure my guard is always up. I can come up with a million reasons, especially this time of year why I deserve a drink.

Time, this is a rough time of year for a lot of us, and yes the added pressure can be alot to handle. A drink is not the answer, you have been doing so well....be nice to yourself in another way...treat yourself to something other than a drink.

Suzanna, please don't feel you are bringing us down and skip posting on the thread. No matter how you are doing, or feeling this is a safe place for all of us to share our feelings..doesn't matter what stage of the process you are in...Talk to us!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi guys, Thanks Re for starting the thread. I too am having a hard time - I have been having a really rough time with my 7 year old daughter; she is being very beligerent and it has been really hard on me. Has made it really hard not to turn to the old friend AL to make the pain go away. Amazing how our children have the ability to make us feel like the worst people in the world. Tonight, I'm sorry to say I will drink - but I will be with my BF and I know that I won't overdo it - but I just need to forget for a while. Which I know is soooooooo not the right thing to say on here but I trust and love you guys and well, the fact is it's the truth and if I can't say the truth on here then why the heck am I here, right? I'm just hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Sorry if I bummed out the thread, just having a crap day - but I do have to say I am so proud of the rest of you- I so hope I can get there soon. I know that I will. I will stay focused, I will reach my goals - it just isn't going to be tonight that they get reached. But they will eventually get reached with the help of all of you guys. Love you guys to death and hope you are all doing well.
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Universal
              Be safe and we will be here for you whenever you need us whether you have been drinking or not. Remember we are here and we care about you.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Charlee, I do need to talk more, it's my biggest problem, I deflect stuff back to others and don't bring up my own stuff. No doubt the holidays are alot of pressure for everybody. OK for me!!! But they are almost over. :l :l for everybody! Suz
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Mary, great post. Had a plan for today and the next 3 days. Getting my house in order. Would make me feel better about myself.

haven't had a bottle of wine or AL in my house for several weeks. Bought some today, thinking that if my house was in good shape, I could have some friends over during the holidays. I can always be mod when with someone else.

Opened a bottle midafternoon, had a drink, sat down on the bed and just woke up. Got nothing done today. So much for plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X