• Show
Clear All

funny how one thing leads to another

Welcome Truman and Asass! -Reenie
    September 23, 2011

Comment

Hello Truman and Asass.

I have been a member a whole 3 days. But guess what? Been AF 3 days as well. I don't have the book or supps and it has still help me a lot. Reenie and MDBiker's earlier words today kept me from throwing in the towel. God bless everyone here. I've been on alot of sites in the past year and they all made me feel worse about myself. Very judgemental, etc. Not this one. You will get more support and encouragement here than any other place you may look. Stay strong. You've come along way already by just saying you need help. You definately will find it with these wonderful people. Good luck to you. :h
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Welcome all.

Stay with us and hang on.

Comment

Welcome!
          It's a good day when we can acknowledge our addiction (though such knowledge may at first seem like hell, it really is the opening of the door to freedom).
          So good for you for finding this place and these folks who already are your friends because we share the same demons and dreams.

READ all over these forums, and read RJs book and use the tools she recommends.
          And POST - reveal yourself! You can share all your fears and pains, we are all familiar yet regard yours as your own and will offer compassion and support.

I look forward to getting to know you better....
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Hi to all the Newbies!!!

My only piece of advice is "DONT LISTEN TO FLIP" !!!!

Oh, that's me, oops.
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Welcome

asass;246455 wrote: have to be short and sweet ( i have the writer in me).
              found this site accidentally, or are there accidents?, as they say.
              i am drinking, i take medications for various medical reasons and i think i have a guardian angel who will not allow anything BAD to happen to me (i already think i am bad)
              decided to join to vent and learn about others who are probably mirror images of myself.:new:
              I too am new to this.

I would like to know if I am being received and would love the opportunity to converse with someone like myself........someone ready to start the New Year resolved to kick this ugly habit/addiction.

Just ordered my tapes.

Comment

Hi Halle, everyone is welcome here who wants to kick the drinking habit! You will find a wide range of people to talk to and there is usually someone one 24/7 if you need help immediately. Like eveything else, you will get out of it what you put in - I see that you actually joined nearly a year ago - have you been lurking or just waiting for the right moment?
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                X