Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new year,hopefully new start

hi,
    I have joined this site since a long time but have never had the courage to post. i read all the posts often and have on rare occasions gone into the chat room. I so want to drastically cut down the amount of alcahol i consume, i gave up for lent last year and didn'thave a drop of alcohol for the 6 weeks so i know i can do it, I dont believe im addicted i believe its more habit but i do drink most evenings. As the new year approaches i have made the decision to go AF January at least its a start. i will fill in the drink tracker each day , i need all the support i can get so here goes, if i make it through january it will be an acheivement for me, but im so afraid of failing .

wjr23 :welcome: to MWO ....

Well done for finally posting, I know what you mean about it being a habit, but you still need the help that the people here will give you ...

Have you downloaded the book?? It is excellent ......

All the best and keep posting,

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

:welcome: wjr23....congratulations on 'jumping aboard'!

AF is an excellent start to the year......and very good for getting clear with yourself what you want for the future....moderation or alcohol-free

Keep posting.....we're looking forward to seeing you around....why not pop into the virtual Inn threads?

Suze x
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

wjr: If you come to MWO each day & read & share (yes, we want to see what you have to say), you'll be amazed to see the AF days pile up. I fill in DrinkTracker (even when I wasn't doing very well), & it's a great tool. Good Luck. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Welcome wjr23

It is great that you are posting. The first one is a little hard, but they get easier and easier. Keep posting - keep letting us know what is going on and lettin us help you along the way. January will be a little tough for you but will be fabuolous when you get to the end of it. Take it one day at a time - keep focused on the moment and on your mission. Whenever you need to, come here and read or post. Take the supplements if you can and at least download and read RJ's book.

You know those Verizon commercials where the person with the Verizon phone has these thousands of people following him around supporting him all the time? That's what you got now, baby. All of us with you all the time supporting you. Hope you have a big car!!!
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Welcome wjr23,
            I am so glad you decided to post. I think fear and being afraid of failing is on many of our minds. We have so many here who are alcohol free and can give such great advice, as you see from the posts above.

2008 will be a great year for all of us!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

thank you for the replies, i am looking forward to tomorrow even though it will start with a hangover as i am off out tonight for new year, will post tomorrow , thanks again for the replies. happy new year to you

Comment

Working...
              X