Just Got the Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got the Book

The book arrived yesterday. I stayed up till 11 reading it, and really feel pretty hopeful. Of course I have felt hopeful before, but the combination sounds right for me. The suppliments and topal are still in the mail, but I am hoping I can get going next week.

I had a predictably "liquid" holiday, but managed to drink moderately on New Years. New Years day afternoon (does that make sense??) we went to a friends open house and I managed on coffee. When asked why I didn't want my usual glass of wine I told them I had been overindulging and wanted to start a healthier lifestyle. My wife and friends complimented me on my attitude, which was a definite boost.

For the last few days I have been limiting myself to 2 glasses of wine each night, which for me is a big change. I am really hoping to break that 4 PM bell that goes off in my head telling me it is time to pour the first glass!

Anyway...Happy New year to everyone,

Harlequin
    The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Just Got the Book

4 o'clock bell...

I also heard that bell. But this year is different. We can do this. Love, Virginia
    :new:

Comment

Just Got the Book

4PM Bell

I also use to hear that Bell. Not this year. Good Luck. Love, Virginia
      :new:

Comment

Just Got the Book

Hi Harlequin, love your name!!! My bell goes off later every year its not till 7pm now LOL ..... Well done on only 2 glasses ......

You can do this I promise, the people here are really supportive and you can be really honest,

Read and post and listen to what people have to say, we have all actually gone through this problem so we really understand how you feel....

All the best, BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Just Got the Book

welcome and stick around...this place is great...cant tell you how much support is here...keep up the great work...blessings..buckle

Comment

Just Got the Book

Hi Harlequin, Welcome !

I loved reading that book. I totally saw me in that book as if I was RJ herself (I just never carried any alcohol in my pocketbook for extra :H )

Oh yes, the 4:00 bell or whistle (we like to call it the "witching hour"). But it is all the same. You have to fight hard to get through it, and this community of great people can give you the just the support you need. You sound like you are doing good with just two glasses of wine. I have tried that so many times.....I usually have two, then two more, then two more........what's up with that ? So anyway, I managed through the Friday and Saturday night's 5:00 bells & whistles.....whew ! Thanks to all the support I receive right here.

Good luck to you and see your around !
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Just Got the Book

Howdy Peeps!
              i ordered & received RJ's book many months ago, but i just started reading it bout a week or so before xmas.
              i've ordered all the supps, but i can't afford the hypno-cds right now & i want to try the program w/o a script at first
              i have to go out of town for a week of training tomorrow, so the supps will arrive here in my absense. but i plan to start with supps on the 14th.
              wish me success!

i watched a movie, "Namesake", tonight for the 1st time. After one of the central characters had lost her husband, a friend was offering advice.
              she said, "I read something by Joseph Campbell recently & he said, "Whenever you feel the most lost in your life, is the time that you need to close your eyes & put yourself back in the time when you were you happiest."
              i know i am gonna need that during my own immenent "witching hours".

nice to meet you all!!

M
              ps. i'm gonna need Louise's "swimming pool" analogy too!!
              xoxo
              Be who you are & say how you feel. Because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. Theodor Geisel (aka, Dr Suess)

Comment

Working...
              X