Newbies in need ODAT - Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: Cindi, I've been praying for your daughter. I'm so glad she has you.

Uni: I too had a daughter whose 7 year relationship broke up. She was pretty shattered spent a year working on internal self. She's now happily married to a great guy. Let yourself see a happy future some day. It'll happen.

Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi mary, My daughter is 7, It's my relationship that has broken up...........

You maybe did catch that but just in case there was confusion.....

Sorry....

Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Rustop - Thanks for you post, it's good to know that others have problems with weekends and so on. Still, if we can be AF over Christmas ...! I find the AF beer better than the wine too, pity they can't manage to make the wine better! Tylyr

Comment

Uni, being alone is very difficult, I know, but we're all thinking of you.

Patty, what wonderful words, no wonder it's your favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good afternoon all, Got up and went to exercise this morningso did'nt get to check in as early as I would like. Uni, hang in there and take extra special care of yourself. I was with my 1st husband for 11 years and started drinking more going through the divorce to cope. Here I am happily remarried for 7 years as quess what keep drinking to cope with other things. Don't let anyone have that control over you and your health. Cry, scream, get mad, but don't destroy yourself. Take your time to morn but try not to use alcohol as you know it just seems to stick and get progressively worse. hugs and support to you.

Comment

Morning all ODAT's!
              Well, I failed yesterday! Didn't plan well enough for a very obvious, (20/20 vision after the fact of COURSE ;P), drinking time for me. It was stupid on my part really, but I can honestly say I won't be as lax nest time. (2 weeks from now on my next big shopping day!)
              So day one today! I am not feeling terribly positive about remain AF today. But I will read read read, and try to gain strength from you all!

universal: i am sorry to here of your heartbreak. how terrible for you! *big hug* try to remind yourself it wasn't you that caused it, but him. It wasn't your fault. love yourself, be gentle, and give yourself time to mourn. and as we all know, alcohol is only good at temporarily masking pain...it is always there waiting again when the bottle is empty! dammit!

cindi...you and your daughter, and family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Well, here's to another try at day 1...

Kee
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Big, BIG hugs to Cindi and Universal. Such pain is awful to read. I really do wish you both the very best.

Just checking in quickly after a long but AF day. In fact, I am drinking coffee (!!!!) at 8.30pm here in the UK and doing my tax return!!!! (on a Saturday night!) See what AF is turning me into! Only joking! I'm getting another zero on my drink tracker and hoping you all can too.

Love to all who have posted and to follow.

Bessie xx

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  I did pretty well last night all things considered. I got the CD’s transferred to my iPod today and listened to the first one…kinda weird/freaky, but I’m willing to try anything! The supplements are making me feel out of sorts, and I had a bit of anxiety all day for no apparent reason…still can’t really shake it. As dumb as it sounds, coming here and reading today has decreased my anxiety a bit.

Universal, so sorry to hear about your night last night. That sucks. I’m divorced and remarried, but I do remember those “single mom” years. Please hang in there and know that this too shall pass. There are good men out there who are willing to commit to us and our children, I found one, you will too someday.

I will continue to pray for your daughter Cindi, and send positive energies her way.

Thanks to those of you who visited yesterday's thread later than I did...I appreciate the compliments on my signature. One of you asked what else she said...here's the page where I found the quote: Helen Keller Quotes
                  Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Hello, Well i went to my girl's basketball game. her team won. I shopped for food. i returned to the home to help the girl with a report. then i went for a bucolic cross country ski. smoked some weed. and came home to have a drink or several .....what is up with the blood alcohol content. i am here confessing the situation. i went on to make an incredible meal. and be to a referee betweeen the 7 and 12 year old. i need a mother's little helper. yours in the truth rudemama

Comment

Hi Universal, I'm so sad that you are hurting. It's not easy what you are going through. Right now you need to take care of yourself and your daughter.....you need each other in a time like this.

Cindi, I am so sorry for your daughter. There is nothing more sad when your child is real sick. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. May God watch over you and your baby girl. "I hold thoughts of God's healing energy as I pray for your daughter. I see your daughter aglow with health. One with God's healing energy, we are filled with and expressing new strength and vitality."---Daily Word Prayer Book
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Uni, I understand your pain. I married my high school sweetheart; we were together 15 years. When I was pregnant with our second child, he decided that I he was not in love with me any more. I have been divorced for five years. After my divorce I had no idea how to date; I missed all of that. I have dated some "winners". :0 Like you, I dated a guy for a year and a half, but instead of the kid excuse (because that is really what it is) he gave me that he was not ready for a relationship. What the hell do yo think we have been doing for the past year and a half???? I look back at my failed, post-divorce relationships and think, "What the hell was I doing?" None of these guys were really worth my time, but I was not willing to see this at the time. I know you are in a lot of pain, but it does go away. You will one day realize that he was not right for you, not the other way around.
                        Cindi, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Even though I've never been married, I have gone through my share of heart-breaking, painful relationships. I swear, men with problems are like heat-seeking missles, they find me, no matter where I am.

The pain can be unbearable, I know and I understand. But what I will never know is the love a mother has for a child. Uni, while you are going through a lot of pain right now, you are blessed that you have a daughter, how lucky are you.

I look back now on different relationships I have had and know now that most of them would not have survived, if we had married. Uni, you need some time, but, like Lukalee said, you will realize that he was not right for you.

Keeta, can't tell you how many day 1 AF I've had. But I'm getting there, just don't let any negative thoughts attack you. Shake them off and look towards your next af day. Don't use the word "failure", it was part of the learning process.

Comment

Working...
                          X