Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

binger

Good Morning all,

I have been reading posts for sometime now and feel the need to say some stuff.

This week has been hard but Friday night was the hardest , I know why because Fridays are happy party day, the day I do something nice for myself, the day I go off my diet and have a treat, the day I can't wait to drink my wine my favorite day.

So I knew it was going to be hard, I said to myself don't buy any wine, come home and read some posts, so that is what I did. I had a plan and it worked, I woke up AF and hangover free and proud that I overcame my worst trigger.

When you are a binger I think withdrawal is different than everyday drinker it takes a whole week to go through withdrawal because you don't drink everyday and your body is use to going with out a drink for a few days. So it takes a week to go through every trigger at least that is how it seems to me.

So I wanted to thank you all, your honesty and struggles I read about everyday are helping lots of us, everyone have a great weekend

Plumeria
    sigpic

binger

Hi Binger,
    Friday's are the worst for me too although right now I feel like I could open a wine bottle to "get rid" of my headache - but the headache tomorrow would be worse.
    Hang in there! We're in the same boat (err - not to imply we are in a sinking ship! ha ha)
    The positive twist - "We are sailing for new horizons."

Have a great weekend.

Betsy

Comment

binger

Great job and keep it up...stay strong and stick with your plan...blessings ...buckle

Comment

binger

Great job for remaining AF last night! I, too was classified as a binge drinker and can very much relate to your post in regards to the withdrawal. Friday's after work are still hard for me, a year later, but when I do wake up in the morning on Saturday, I am very happy I didn't succumb to the drink.

Stay strong and have a good plan worked out. Keeping busy is essential for success.

Comment

Working...
        X