• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Sunday

Hugs to you, Masq.

Comment

Masq, stress drink ? Nothing like setting a bad example for those of us who stress drink as well. Just a show but always wondered how they functioned with big head. Maybe I'll tivo a bunch of Mayberry. Sorry to hear you are feeling weepy. That is a common thing for snowy gray areas. They recomend you get out and try and get some daylight regularly or try exercise. Don't know if thats what is bothering you. My therapist said your could also feel that way after a long period of stress. It should pass. take care.

Comment

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I think there was something in the air last night, because the Brat (I love that, Bessie) kept tugging on my arm, telling me that "just one" would be okay.... I DESERVE it!! Well, I went out for dinner with my husband, and the only AF beer was regular O'Douls.... I ordered one and it was ick~:eeks:~ reminded me of my college days, when there was a cold, flat beer leftover from last weekend's keg party! I couldn't even finish it.

Anyway, I put the Brat in timeout and left her at the restaurant. Came home, checked in here, and went to bed. It's amazing how alcohol is romanticized on TV.... like the M*A*S*H show.... would you really want Hawkeye operating on you after he spent a night drinking his home made swill? The old TV commercial, "Here's to good friends, the night is kind of special, the beer will flow.........." Everything sounded so warm and homey.... :blah:

One of the reasons I stopped drinking was because of the morning after (which was everyday)... My routine was to get up at 4:30 am, use the bathroom, get a huge glass of water and a Benadryl.... go back to bed, and wake up a couple of hours later, pretending everything was okay. The world was a little woozy, but hey, I was still up at 6:30 am, which meant I was functional, right?

One of the other wake up calls for me... in my job, I normally travel 4 or 5 nights a month. The only AF days for me used to be the nights that I'd drive and stay overnight at a hotel. Now, I don't drink and drive, but for the last 4 months, I'd stop at a grocery store and get a 4 pack of little wine bottles (high quality, I know).... and when I 'd get to the hotel, at midnight, I'd crack open two of them. Now where were the "good friends" and why was this night supposed to be "special"? Yep, me and Jay Leno, swilling down with Alice White, in a warm, cozy Hampton Inn. I'm glad I've realized how irresponsible I was being...

Have a great day, everyone! I'm taking some of my own advice, shutting this machine down, and going to spend the rest of this day with my family.:h

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Suki, I'm on a program called Isagenix I found out about from a fellow WW member who now sells it. The problem with WW for me is I would choose all refined carbs within my points. (White-bread,pasta,rice,potatoes). Problem with those is you get hungry again quickly. Something else I've learned reading "Potatoes not Prozac" is alcoholics prefer refined carbs and when cut bac can reduce cravings. I also learned while on Adkins for awhile That When I ate more protiens I lost weight but was impossible to stay on. As well alot of these diets are hard to plan for through the day. Isagenix is organic. Basically 2 protein shakes a day and one healthy meal. You have regular snacks in between of veggies and a supp they provide. The only draw back is its kind of expensive your first shipment, about $500. However if you look at it in money saved going out to lunch you actually may save. I can't say this is for everyone but seems to work for me because of the protein shakes and regular snacks you don't get that spike in hunger and go running for something you should'nt have. I did go off a bit over the holidays, including alcohol, which is not recomended. I gained about 6 pounds of the 11 I have lost. I find this the easies diet to get back on. If you cannot find someone in your area and are interested I can put you in touch with someone via email.

Comment

Hey all, When I said maybe I'd watch Mayberry instead of MASH for the bad influnce well, forgot about Otis. So even Mayberry isn't perfect. :H :H

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

Mary, I am so proud of you for stamping down that thought. I know they come less and less frequently but they do come, from what I understand, even years later. It is good to know you are determined not to ruin your AF. Drinking is not an option!!

Everyone else, Please have a wonderful day. We are doing this ODAT and it seems to work much better than trying to "look down the road." Too daunting.

However, today I can say, "I will not drink."

I am so grateful to have all of you to help me succeed. Thank you!!

Love to all,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone

Just stopping in to say a quick hello. Thanks for starting the thread Bessie, have a great day tomorrow. Have had a nice family Sunday and got in a long walk with a friend. It felt so good, cant wait to get back into the routine tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Day 0 again

Hi everyone,
                  Bessie thanks for opening this thread todayand have a good birthday 2morrow.
                  Retteacher well done 93days you must be proud of yourself and you must be feeling good inside.:goodjob:
                  It is so good to have a site with wonderful people that support each other. Had a get together with friends yesterday and was drinking, but not going to get upset about it . The think is there is one more bottle of wine in the fridge it is so hard to say no, when it is in front of you. ihave more AFday under my belt at least. Today at the skate park with son. Boy there is a lot of good guys skating the vert today got to be careful you dont get hit by a flying skateboard. Has anyone seen big brother the other day. That scottish guy john felt sorry for him doing the first task. but he is so funny, got a feeling he is going to win.
                  Welcome to any newbies.

Everyone stay HAPPY AND STRONG.
                  Love
                  Teardrop.x
                  family is everything to me

Comment

Hello to all. Just wanted to stop in and say I now have 3 days AF under my belt and feel so much better. Yesterday had a lot of muscle and joint aches but wasn't sick otherwise. So today I've been resting and feeling better. I've found a strange concoction that makes me not miss wine so much. I take Cran-Grape juice and mix a little club soda or tonic water in it. Tastes a lot like a sweet wine to me.
                    I hope everyone else is having a great day!
                    Auntie
                    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

I love the commercial talk. Do you notice how sexy all the people are on these? Why don't they show the truth? Women who have gained weight, bags under the eyes, the morning after hairdo? Men with beer bellies and five o'clock shadows?
                      Goal 1: Today
                      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Its meeeee..........been really busy but managed to stay AF. Day 5. I had a bad craving last night but had a virgin bloody mary, seemed to have helped. I think one of the reasons I had a craving is because I smoke when I drink. No other time, really. I know, I know, a nurse who smokes........not a word! ok?! So I had my nicotine fix and was done. Can't concentrate on 2 additions at the same time. ok?
                        Mary, Its funny but my goal is just 30 days, that;s all I can focus on, any longer is too overwhelming. But you remind me yet again just because you have some many AF days under your belt doesn;t mean we you'll never crave again or that you're cured............don't leave us, we need those reminders.
                        Uni, I'm glad you're feeling better. Had me worried there.
                        And to all..........I love this thread, don't leave, we need each other. I have so much energy today. I'm cleaning out my closet!
                        And thanks for the tips..........no Mayberry and no MASH.

Comment

FinallyRN, the things you do when you are AF. Decided to clean the space over my microwave, found cereal who's expiration date was March 05! Finished and made a virgin Mary. Tasted great. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X