Twin addictios, or more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin addictios, or more.

OK so I have started with the AF free, (day 1 under the belt) but I am also a nicotine addict.

I have a personal theory which goes along the lines that if you are going to feel withdrawal you might as well feel it from both and get it over with, and I have seen support for such an approach based on the idea of a holistic approach and the fact that based on the fact that both drugs inhibit brain messages in much the same way.

I would love to be free of both addictions but I don't want to risk loosing the AF if the NF overwhelms me. I am sure some of you have gone through this what have you found to be the best approach?

What about other addictions, I don't have more but it would make sense if the stopping both works with AL and others for it to work with AL and Nic.

Many blessings to all.

M

Twin addictios, or more.

I was a heavy smoker - especially when drinking. There was NO way I could just give up both at the same time. Alcohol was my first priority... I used all of my energies to rid that out of my life first. 10 months later, I gave up the cigarettes. I use Nicorette - which of course is a source if nicotine.... but better than smoking.

I personally feel, in my own experience that is, to battle one demon at a time. I know how you feel and felt much the same when I went AF - as I am an all or nothing type of gal. BUT, it was hard with quitting the alcohol, so I didn't want to place any more pressure on myself by quitting smoking too.

What ever you decide, you will know what works for you!

Comment

Twin addictios, or more.

Congrats on the AF day M! I tried to be rid of the cigarettes first and found I pulled myself directly up to the liquor cabinet about 3 years ago.

So instead, I did what Accountable did. In March 06 I joined MWO and handled the program really well. January 1st of 07 stopped smoking. I was down to 5 cigarettes a day but still used the nicotine gum. Now I am completely nicotine free and do moderate on alcohol. Get more than one drink in me though and I am still a year later, looking for a cigarette. I have actually moderated even better, looked more like AF when I decided to stop smoking.

I wish you the best!!

Comment

Twin addictios, or more.

Thanks for your thoughts, really appreciate it, will let you kno how it goes as I progess'

M

Comment

Working...
        X