Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mind games

Game one: Number day a year game

I use to always think to myself the morning of my hangover if you got drunk one day a week that is 52 times a year then add hangover 52 times that is 104 days ruined out of your life per year , then if you get drunk more than one day a week you have to add another 104 days.

Game two: number of drinks game

How many drinks did I have? How many can I go over and not have a hangover? how many drinks does my family think I am drinking? (Not including the ones they didn't see)

When you are drinking you are always playing games with yourself, denial games, guilt games etc what games do you play?
    sigpic

mind games

Hi Plumeria,
    I think the one of the games I play is the denial? game,...that I tell myself I will drink today and not drink tomorrow. But it is always today......
    Enough said I guess.
    Interesting that you went into such a numeric count of what was going on.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

mind games

I play the "I won't look too awful at work tomorrow if I only have X" game. So one bottle of wine just about OK, two not. Four cans lager totally fine, six not etc.
      Of course, if I don't have work the next day, the rules go out of the window.
      How ridiculous!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

mind games

That was great! Way before I even heard of MWO I use to keep a alcohol tracker in my planner. Everytime I drank I'd put a star on the day, just to see if it was as bad as I thought. Well its would happen about every 4-5 days..........was that a lot, I'd ask myself?
        Then I'd wonder if my family thought I'd have a problem. Or my friends. Do they see me looking longingly at the bottle wondering if I could finish it. I'd top up my glass scared to see it empty. The truth is, it didn't matter waht they thought. I'd had enough.....it bothered me. I was looking at pic's and there was not one pic where I didn't have a drink in my hand. I began to look like I drank, bloated, heavy but a differnet heavy than fat.
        Welcome

Comment

mind games

Hi Plumeria45,:welcome:

Pouring my wine in a mug instant of a wine glass. Stick around and keep posting we are here for each other.

Love
          Teardrop.x
          family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
          X